Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone suffer from eyelid eczema

SusieKin · 20/06/2022 10:04

Been suffering from eyelid eczema for about 5yrs. Really struggling to find skincare that doesn’t cause this to flair up. At the moment my eyes are so bad I look like I have aged 20 yrs!!

Anyone recommend a skincare range that may be suitable?

OP's posts:
Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 23/06/2022 07:07

No I haven't but my DSis did for years.

Can't help with the skincare but just wanted to say that hers stopped as soon as she stopped eating Dairy. She's reintroduced it gradually and the eczema didn't come back.

It might be worth asking for a referral to the Allergy Clinic to see if you have an allergy causing this Flowers

Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 02/07/2022 08:24

How are you getting on now @SusieKin? Is it any better?

Please
or

ProfessionalTeaDrinker · 02/07/2022 08:28

I know someone who had this and used vaseline on it! Cleared it right up. However, I'd recommend requesting a referral to dermatology from your GP as it's been so long

Please
or

Pollywoddles · 02/07/2022 08:39

Child’s Farm baby moisturiser

Please
or

bare · 02/07/2022 08:42

PritiPatelsMaker · 23/06/2022 07:07

No I haven't but my DSis did for years.

Can't help with the skincare but just wanted to say that hers stopped as soon as she stopped eating Dairy. She's reintroduced it gradually and the eczema didn't come back.

It might be worth asking for a referral to the Allergy Clinic to see if you have an allergy causing this Flowers

My dd cut out wheat and then gradually brought it back in and the same happened

Please
or

HavfrueDenizKisi · 02/07/2022 09:03

Yes I did. Was due to using certain mascaras and cleansers. I found what worked for me and have been fine.

My DD had similar and as was not using make up was more problematic finding a cause. She had an appointment with her allergy consultant and he prescribed Protopic ointment. It's really safe to use on the face - doesn't thin the skin like traditional steroid creams. Worked brilliantly. So I would say get to your GP and ask them to prescribe it.

addpharma4u.com/product/protopic-cream-0-03-30g/

Please
or

SusieKin · 02/07/2022 09:05

PritiPatelsMaker · 02/07/2022 08:24

How are you getting on now @SusieKin? Is it any better?

Hi, yes I have been prescribed protopic and this seems to have cleared it up. For the first time in years my eye looks almost normal! Fingers crossed it doesn’t flare up again.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BloddersMum · 02/07/2022 09:07

My DH has this, apparently a common reaction to testosterone replacement. He applies a thin layer of sudocream every night when it appears and it then clears after a few days.

Please
or

Tigrillo · 02/07/2022 09:14

I opened this thread to recommend that you get protopic from the gp! Glad that it has worked. Did they warn you to be extra careful with sun protection while using it?

Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 02/07/2022 09:17

Hi, yes I have been prescribed protopic and this seems to have cleared it up. For the first time in years my eye looks almost normal! Fingers crossed it doesn’t flare up again

I am so, so pleased for you Wink

Please
or

HavfrueDenizKisi · 02/07/2022 09:17

A good news OP. It's good stuff that protopic!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.