Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Hayfever when TTC

Bex1805 · 03/06/2022 20:55

Hi! Does anyone have any Hayfever treatments that they can recommend when TTC?! Ideally non drowsy.. So hard to find something. Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

unfortunatelyno · 03/06/2022 20:56

You can take loratadine while pregnant so would presumably be fine while ttc

Please
or

Skiddlingmama · 03/06/2022 20:58

I am currently pregnant and was given piriton by the doctor, my midwife also advised it’s this one I should be taking. It does say drowsy on the packet but I haven’t had any symptoms of drowsiness.

Please
or

Benjispruce4 · 03/06/2022 21:00

I got hayfever for the first time when pregnant. I was told I could t take anything. That baby is now 21 so obviously things have changed. That’s good.

Please
or

unfortunatelyno · 03/06/2022 21:04

www.nhs.uk/medicines/loratadine/

Scroll down it says you can take it in pregnancy

Please
or

Weefreetiffany · 03/06/2022 21:19

I was told by a pharmacist no anti histamines at all when ttc. You need the histamines in your uterus to help with conception or gestation. (She obviously said it more scientifically)

try a low histamine diet and avoiding all foods with high histamines. Add low histamine foods (watercress and rocket are particularly helpful to me so I choke them down) Keep stress low, use eye and nose washes to get the pollen out. Shower the pollen off your skin and hair before bed and change clothes as soon as you get in.

drinking fresh mint leaves in hot water instead of tea always calms down my symptoms too.

good luck!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.