My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

Eczema and helmet therapy for flat head

4 replies

Blyton · 18/03/2007 22:06

Just wondered if anyone has had experience of this. My baby has eczema and is also in a helmet to correct his flat head which is moderate to severe. The skin on his head is really terrible, it goes really red whenever the helmet is taken off, and looks like a burn mark sometimes. There's a really good website called plagiocephalycare.org but unfortunately not many of the mothers had a problem with their wee one's skin in the helmet so just wondered whether anyone on this website has been in the same boat and what they did to help alleviate the redness and eczema (which can't be helped).

OP posts:
michaelad · 18/03/2007 22:08

Hi Blyton, how long since your little one started wearing his helmet? Ds2 had quiet strong marks for the first couple of weeks so we had the helmet adjusted and it slowly faded

Blyton · 19/03/2007 20:00

Hi Michaelad, he's had it for about 3 wks but we haven't been able to get him in it full time as his head is so red that i tend to take it off after 4-5 hours to let his head breathe. The red marks fade but not for a good few hours, sometimes they're really red and angry looking. I've been back to the clinic like a yoyo, about 6 times in 1.5 wks and am really beginning to wonder whether it's his skin or the helmet.

OP posts:
funnypeculiar · 19/03/2007 20:05

Have you tried posting on here - might get some more responses - I know a few of the mums on there have had eczema with helmets - you'll probably find some old threads if you trawl back

michaelad · 19/03/2007 20:24

Who are you seeing and what has been their advice so far? We went to see Cranialtech in London at the time. Remember they fitted some strips of moleskin to some parts and that did seem to help

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.