Hi all and happy new year.
I hope you are all doing well on your journey. I really want to change my lifestyle by stopping drinking. I drink a bottle of wine and I drink everyday and have done on and off for 11 years
I am going through a period of extreme anxiety and alcohol helps until 3am when I wake up full of panic and fear and my drinking has escalated slightly. I very rarely get back to sleep so I have decided to stop, I have CBT booked and start that this week
Just have a few questions if I may.
- Do I need to worry about withdrawal?
2. If so, when does that normally kick in?
3. What did you drink instead?
4. How much were you drinking when you stopped?
5. Did you sleep better immediately or did it take a while?
Any help/advice is much appreciated!