Rather elegant namechange n'est ce pas?
So lo - 3yo home for 2.5 yrs - is due to start a pre school nursery in April. Older ds (bc) is already at school in question.
I am quite conflicted. I am SAHM so no real burning NEED for lo to start school - although some time for 'stuff' would be heavenly. Lo LOVES playing with the nursery toys in the playground, is very outgoing, (but no longer overly flirtatious with strangers), good with other children etc. Will know about five children in the class and roughly 30 children throughout the school - ds's friends and siblings. Lo has been to the school twice every school day for the whole time she has been with us so no issues there.
Lo has probably a 6 month plus speech delay, still in nappies and we are still very careful who looks after her etc. Nursery staff have a job share so one 3 days a week, one two.
SO questions for the jury are
- Should I send her at all?
- Should I ask for 1/2/3 days initially, rising when she's more settled and focused on one teacher? Apparently one of them is incredibly nurturing and kind and gentle so I think her?
- if yes and yes then what do I say to convince school?
- what behaviours would be red flags for loss behaviour which would mean she needed to stop nursery and what would that mean for then starting reception?
Any views would be really appreciated. I am going round in circles - every time I think the decision is made I start rethinking and arrive at the opposite conclusion.