Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Marriage/life troubles

mjghtruf · 23/09/2022 19:06

After a bit of advice and just want to get things off my chest as I feel so low.
I've been married for 17 years and feel so lonely in my marriage and lonely in life in general.
I'm very lucky in that we're financially stable with a beautiful house and more importantly blessed with two amazing children.
A few years ago I had the perfect life. I loved being a Mum and a wife, looking after our home and having a busy social life but all that changed when the pandemic hit.
My children have become teenagers and feel like they don't want me anymore, I lost my Mum, friendships have all disappeared (due to my youngest starting secondary school so I'm no longer involved in the school run). Me and my husband are now working from home permanently, in the same office all day long. I barely leave the house during the week. He doesn't speak to me anymore, we are in a sexless marriage, everyniggt he waits until I'm asleep before coming to bed, he moans at me constantly and doesn't respect me anymore. He's taught my children to take the piss out of me and it's really dragging me down. I've found I've been drawn to a work colleague, remotely. We speak every day and have literally talked about everything, apart from intimate details of our marriages. The only thing that is honestly getting me through life, is fantasising about being with him all the time. I miss love, I miss affection, I miss respect. I'm in my early 40s, am fit and active but feel like an old person with no life and no friends to talk to. How I'm not clinically depressed is anyone's guess. Any advice?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Feathersandothers · 23/09/2022 19:15

Last chance saloon isn’t it. Your hormones are all over.
you may need to leave your marriage, you may not. Either way an affair isn’t the answer. But sympathies op, be kind to yourself, it’s a hard stage of life.

Please
or

twordle · 23/09/2022 19:18

Do you want to stay married to him? Have you spoken to your husband about how you feel? Couples counselling if he's open to it and you both want it..Otherwise resentments will continue to build and the affair will happen.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?