Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Talk to me about Amazon returns please

NoisyBrain · 06/08/2022 11:11

I bought an office chair from Amazon, which arrived with no seat. I started the returns process same day and took it to an Evri parcel shop on the 25th. The online tracking info was updated to say it was on its way to the retailer on the 29th and the most recent update on the 3rd of August says the same thing.

On Amazon it's not showing as received yet (and of course once they actually acknowledge they have it I then have to wait 5-7 business days for the refund).

Anyone here with any experience of returning large items like this to Amazon? How long did it take to get a refund? Is the timeline above perfectly normal? I've never had to return anything to them before so have no frame of reference.

OP's posts:
Please
or

IDrinkCoffee · 06/08/2022 11:13

In my experience, Amazon returns are spot on. The process is easy and once the return has been received, the money is back with you pretty quickly, usually the same week.

Please
or

dontgobaconmyheart · 06/08/2022 11:47

It seems fine to me. They use a courier to return larger items so there is a wait while they receive it and then the standard wait for them to check the item and process. I've only done it once but it definitely took longer to get a refund than it did when I've returned small items.

Their customer service is always pretty good. You can always go on the live chat and ask for an update if you are concerned but I think its just a case of waiting.

Please
or

NoisyBrain · 06/08/2022 13:33

Thanks for the replies, I'll just sit tight for now then🙂

OP's posts:
Please
or

TimboWimbo · 06/08/2022 13:36

Amazon returns are usually very good. Evri , however, are notoriously bad.

If they have lost it I would think Amazon will sort it out though.

Please
or

MacaroniBaloney · 06/08/2022 13:42

I've just done similar. Sent it 20th June and as of Monday Amazon emailed to say 'where is it?'.

I contacted Evri and they said it was missing so fill in a claim form (I'd paid extra to insure)

Then went on Amazon chat to tell them, where the bot told me they have received it! I then requested to chat to a human who confirmed it had been received but they'd not updated the tracking their end.

So not smooth but resolved in the end. I'd start a chat with Amazon to see if they've actually received it.

Please
or

OnTimeStillLate · 06/08/2022 14:11

I sent a large item (roof racks) back through Evri. I dropped it off at a parcel drop off within a tesco express. 20 days later and it was still not showing as received by Amazon so I contacted them on the chat feature, I explained how and when I sent the return back and they issued an immediate refund. I find they're really good like that for long term customers who haven't had multiple return issues.

Please
or

Suedomin · 06/08/2022 14:16

Whenever I have returned .anything to Amazon I have had a refund immediately the barcode has been scanned so it would be before the item has been received back in the warehouse.

Please
or

PilatesPeach · 06/08/2022 14:26

You only get an immediate refund if you choose to have the refund credited to your Amazon account balance, if you want a refund to your original payment method, then you do wait until it is actually received by them and checked.

Chat is usually very good though when I have used them.

Please
or

AchillesLastStand · 06/08/2022 14:28

I’ve had a problem with an Amazon return this week, it’s the first time this has happened. Like the above poster, I normally get a refund when item is in transit, usually the day I send it.

I had to return a faulty tablet that kept dropping Wi-Fi and sent it back via Royal Mail returns and the online tracking after 10 days stated it wasn’t even in transit. After two live chat communications with Amazon I eventually managed to get a refund after emailing them the return receipt (tracking stated they received it three days after I sent it back). I would get in touch via live chat.

Please
or

Elsiid · 06/08/2022 14:32

Their returns are shit at the moment. The last two things I've returned I've had to contact the chat bot to get refunded.

Once you do that you get the money within an hour or two but it's annoying.

Please
or

NoisyBrain · 06/08/2022 18:43

I just tried the chat bot and its first question was has it been more than two weeks since I returned the item. It's two weeks on Monday, so being ridiculously honest by nature I said no 😆 I'll try again next week if there's no update. Thanks all!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Brigante9 · 06/08/2022 18:46

Did a return this week as per your OP and received an email saying I’d been refunded by the end of the day.

Please
or

Elsiid · 06/08/2022 19:40

NoisyBrain · 06/08/2022 18:43

I just tried the chat bot and its first question was has it been more than two weeks since I returned the item. It's two weeks on Monday, so being ridiculously honest by nature I said no 😆 I'll try again next week if there's no update. Thanks all!

I said yes. It hasn't been 😁

Please
or

Spanielsarepainless · 06/08/2022 20:22

Normally I get my refund almost as soon as the chap in the post office has scanned the QR code. Amazon then know I no longer have the item.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.