Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

No one is perfect. True?

lightisnotwhite · 14/05/2022 18:51

Based on the fact that some people are genuinely utterly depraved and hideous human being surely some must be the opposite and pretty nearly perfect?

I used to live with a boyfriend who had literally no annoying/ bad habits whatsoever ever. It was a revelation. Never had it before or after even with my
When we broke up there was lots of no ones perfect” but I couldn’t help feeling he probably was. And I’m REALLY critical. I mean he had nothing that anyone could say he’s “too” anything
I also think my female manager is the same. A beautiful person inside and out. Anyone known a perfect person?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Libertaire · 14/05/2022 18:52

There was only ever one person who was perfect. And they crucified him.

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 14/05/2022 18:53

I’m perfect😊😁

Please
or

VioletCharlotte · 14/05/2022 19:01

I think it depends on what you define as perfect. Surely it means different things to different people? So OP, you say your ex had no annoying habits, but that doesn't mean others would agree.

Please
or

Trivester · 14/05/2022 19:15

I think dh is very nearly perfect. But since no one else has snatched him up before me it just possibly might not be a universal opinion.

or he might have been waiting to meet perfect me (in which case he has seriously poor judgement and therefore isn’t as perfect as he seems)

Please
or

Discontentedpony · 15/05/2022 00:52

Mary Poppins was practically perfect in every way

Please
or

beautyforyoung · 15/05/2022 02:12

One of my SIL's is

I've never met someone so flawless, kind, amazing strength. She's been through the most hellish of times, buried 2 children, assaulted in the street by a drunk

Yet she's helpful, kind, willing to do anything for you, if you have a problem she'll research it. She's the type of person to really listen, and never judges like you'd expect of someone. She listens and then considers all options and ways skmehone might have reached that point.

She is perfect.

Please
or

AccessibleVoid · 15/05/2022 03:54

Matter of taste isn't it. One person's perfect is another person's intolerably pollyannaish. Another person's perfect would be boring to some. And then my idea of perfect would be horrifying to a lot of people.

Please
or

MrsTerryPratchett · 15/05/2022 04:07

AccessibleVoid

Matter of taste isn't it. One person's perfect is another person's intolerably pollyannaish. Another person's perfect would be boring to some. And then my idea of perfect would be horrifying to a lot of people.

This.

My friend is 'perfect'. She works at it. I find myself grinding my teeth at the crap she puts up with. I just want to shout, TELL THEM TO FUCK OFF. Her DH takes her entirely for granted.

Please
or

lightisnotwhite · 15/05/2022 08:21

AccessibleVoid

I don’t know. I think we all recognise dick behaviour and know what a bad habit looks like. That’s obviously different to whether you personally can put up with it (or enjoy it).

Its not about being a prig or Pollyanna because those people are boring and judgemental. I think we could all agree on “good” traits. I’m messy. I can put up with a lot of mess and it not bother me but I recognise that’s it’s better to be clean and tidy. Being tidy is a good trait in itself whereas making a big deal about cleaning, fussing about stuff isn’t.

It’s about people who are naturally less annoying, nice to be around etc.

OP's posts:
Please
or

EmotionBot9to5 · 15/05/2022 08:26

I know a woman who is so clever (and her qualifications and success at work reflect this) very funny, good company, friendly, sensible, supportive of other women, never ever says a bad word about anybody but doesn't ever come across as holier than thou. sometimes when I'm about to say something and a you know those four questions they recommend you ask yourself before you say something....'is this kind ? do you know this to be true? etc, now I shorten it, I ask myself ''would *Sarah King say this? and then Grin I shut my gob.

Please
or

DailyMailSucksWhales · 15/05/2022 08:29

Even the very sick & depraved usually have moments when they are clever, charming, funny, even kind.

Please
or

lemongreentea · 15/05/2022 08:32

Some people work at perfecting their bad habits and improving thier manners so appear near perfect. My friend is like this, she meditates, does yoga, everyday, is kind, yet firm with everyone and never gossips or talks behind anyones back ie she sees the good in everyone. Shes geneorous with her time and resources and will try to help people out whenever she can. She never ever tries to shove her opinion down your throat, basically shes moderate in all aspects of her life and doesn't allow herself to get worked up about things, especially other peoples opinions. But she also values and looks after her own well-being. She is so polite and dignified even though I know she has been through a horrendous divorce and lost a child she still remains positive but I think thats because she was open to getting help and working through her problems in thats she had therapy, goes to retreats, will try alternatives approachez like crystals and essential oils etc if she thinks it will help.

Please
or

Ylvamoon · 15/05/2022 08:34

Perfection- like beauty- is in the eye of the beholder.

Please
or

AccessibleVoid · 15/05/2022 13:51

lightisnotwhite

AccessibleVoid

I don’t know. I think we all recognise dick behaviour and know what a bad habit looks like. That’s obviously different to whether you personally can put up with it (or enjoy it).

Its not about being a prig or Pollyanna because those people are boring and judgemental. I think we could all agree on “good” traits. I’m messy. I can put up with a lot of mess and it not bother me but I recognise that’s it’s better to be clean and tidy. Being tidy is a good trait in itself whereas making a big deal about cleaning, fussing about stuff isn’t.

It’s about people who are naturally less annoying, nice to be around etc.

I think it's not nearly that clear cut. If they have a clear sense of self and boundaries they don't overstep by definition those boundaries are going to rub some people up the wrong way - if they fit your desires you'll find them lovely, but when someone wants them to cross their boundaries they'll find them stubborn and unreasonable.

If they don't have a clear sense of self and boundaries then they're going to be easily influenced to doing things that are not desirable to some people. So the same occurs.

Please
or

Waxonwaxoff0 · 15/05/2022 13:57

I know someone like this. Everyone who meets her loves her. She's not a "pollyanna" type, she's hilarious and lots of fun. She just gets along with everyone, everyone wants to be her friend.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.