Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Best travel pushchair - BabyZen YoYo or Ergobaby Metro?

kat0107 · 13/03/2022 09:55

Hello!

I’m looking for a second pushchair to use for holidays and city trips (we live in London), and trying to work out whether to go for the YoYo or ErgoBaby Metro. Our daughter is 8 months old, and we’re hoping (perhaps aspirationally) that she’ll be happy to sleep in it while we go out for meals etc - so it needs to have a comfortable recline.

Does anyone have either of these two models, and how have you found them…or any other suggestions??

Thanks so much!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 13/03/2022 10:37

The Metro has the bigger hood, better storage basket and a near lie-flat feature. The yo-yo only reclines to a max of 145 degrees. The Metro has larger wheels. Small wheels are useless on the beach. I also find that the straps are less fiddly on the Metro, but I suppose it’s what you’re used to. The yo-yo has more optional extras and there really is an accessory for every eventuality and need. Size and weight wise, they’re almost identical and fold neatly with one hand.

Please
or

kat0107 · 13/03/2022 10:55

@Fivemoreminutes1

The Metro has the bigger hood, better storage basket and a near lie-flat feature. The yo-yo only reclines to a max of 145 degrees. The Metro has larger wheels. Small wheels are useless on the beach. I also find that the straps are less fiddly on the Metro, but I suppose it’s what you’re used to. The yo-yo has more optional extras and there really is an accessory for every eventuality and need. Size and weight wise, they’re almost identical and fold neatly with one hand.

Thanks hanks so much! Have you found that they’ll let the Metro into cabin storage?
OP's posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 13/03/2022 15:11

It will fit in most overhead bins. To be officially “cabin approved”, luggage needs to be able to fit underneath the airplane seat, which the Metro will not. It depends on whether you have a full flight, plane size and the amount of overhead space available at the time of boarding. We’ve only been asked to gate-check it by airline staff once.

Please
or

Caneparrot · 13/03/2022 18:33

We have a yo-yo and it is super easy to travel with, cabin staff wave you through when they see what you have - at security last week I counted 6 other yo-yos coming through at the same time as us! Our son sleeps in it very well for meals (we put him in his sleeping bag and recline it with the snooze shade on for evening meal) - We haven’t regretted not getting a lay flat one. He also just turned 8 months.

Please
or

EisforElephants · 14/03/2022 09:29

100% vote for the Metro+! We love ours, it's actually the only stroller we use now because I just don't need another one. It folds easily, goes in the overhead bins, fully reclines (you can use it for newborns and toddlers so helpful if you have a little one and and an older or ever will) and has a big hood and plenty of storage for us.

Please
or

aghhinlaws · 14/03/2022 09:40

I have a yo-yo and while it's been amazing as I've had it since birth, dc started escaping from it from age 2 as it's easy for the strap clip to open. So instead I got a baby jogger and the toddler that used to cry going in the yo-yo and escape, will now happily climb in the babyjogger by himself as it's much comfier to sit in and doesn't feel every hole in the ground. But saying all of this, yo-yos are very popular in London and I'm guessing I'm the only one who has had these problems.

Please
or

Goldbar · 14/03/2022 12:04

Going to throw in the GB pockit+ all city for your consideration. We've had one of these since our DC was 14 months and still very occasionally use it now they're 4. Incredibly light, surprisingly comfortable, decent recline (but not flat), higher weight limit than some other travel buggies. Also, the only buggy I've ever managed to fold in 2 seconds flat. We could carry it on our backs like a backpack when not using it without really being bothered by it.

Downside - very much a travel buggy, suspension worse than more expensive alternatives and probably a lot less 'solid'. Tbf we were comparing it to our large Babyjogger (day-to-day buggy) and those things are built like small tanks Smile.

Please
or

Bergmum · 14/03/2022 12:23

I have the Joolz Aer that was recommended to me by my local baby shop.
Folds really easily and have taken it on the plane no problem. Seat is more upright than the Yoyo which I really like too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.