Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Can anyone explain in idiot teens how we can travel to France

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 07:37

Trying to work out of can manage an overnight at Easter. We are DH, DS16 and I 2 x vax and boosted with NHS app, DD15, DS13 2 x vaxxed no boost no app.

I know we'd have to take years to travel, and us with the app would be fine getting in places but I'm not sure how to get the younger ones compliant. Could the negative test to travel be better than gagging about? Can I request paper proof of Covid status (with the qr code and if so how) as they don’t have the app?

It's so frustrating, I know we all meet the rules just not sure how we can prove that we do!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 07:40

^ tests to travel

OP's posts:
Please
or

SkiRun0077 · 23/01/2022 07:41

Check out the discussion in Skiing at half term thread, lots of folk trying to work out the same thing with links to different gov websites.

Please
or

Gladioli23 · 23/01/2022 07:42

Is it not possible to get the NHS App? I don't know why, I thought it was fine for 13+ - possibly not giving the formal COVID pass (with a QR code) but giving a non-QR code confirmation of vaccination still?

Please
or

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 07:42

@SkiRun0077 brilliant, thanks. Didn't think that would cover it Blush

OP's posts:
Please
or

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 07:44

@Gladioli23 thanks, they definitely can't access the a Covid part of the app but didn't think to look through the medication section, thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

confusedofengland · 23/01/2022 09:17

I have just been looking for my 13-year old, for travelling to Spain & found this on the gov.uk website. Not sure about France, but this may help?

Can anyone explain in idiot teens how we can travel to France
Please
or

Lockdownbear · 23/01/2022 09:19

I looked this up the other day there is a government helpline to for teens to get their vaccine status

Please
or

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 09:32

Thanks. I've requested a Covid letter for one of them just to try and then will see what happens with the app, although need to wait for the new pass vaccinal too see what that's about.

We also have a house in France (South, and were planning to go to the North) but it means we have an address AND somewhere we could go it needed to isolate would the worst happen.

OP's posts:
Please
or

workwoes123 · 23/01/2022 10:07

Don't you have any proof of their vaccinations? Like certificates or letters with a QR code on them? If so you can download the TousAnti Covid app and try scanning them in. It's easier to access than the NHS one - more like an interactive wallet - and you can add everyone's certificates to your own app and vice versa.

The pass vaccinal kicks in from tomorrow. It's for 16+ only. For the younger ones, the pass sanitaire continues - but again you need proof of their double vaccinations to avoid the need to test every 24 hours for access to restaurants, ski lifts etc.

Please
or

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 11:46

Thanks. Currently we only have their vaccine cards but I think the letter I've requested from the NHS will have a code on so will try it. Those may actually happen

OP's posts:
Please
or

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 11:59

Ooh, thank you. I've just downloaded the app and it recognises our NHS qr codes and knows I've had all three vaccines.

As long as it works with the DCs printed codes we're in! Love the way you can have multiple passes on each app too.

Merci beaucoup!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Saisong · 23/01/2022 12:04

Can I ask where you ordered your NHS letter from please? I have vax cards for my teens, but a QR code would be much more useful. Thanks.

Please
or

LefttoherownDevizes · 23/01/2022 12:17

From the NHS website. It will come in 7 days and last for 30 days

OP's posts:
Please
or

workwoes123 · 23/01/2022 12:20

@LefttoherownDevizes

It’s good isn’t it ? I tried the NHS one when we were going to be visiting the U.K. and found it really clunky by comparison as it wanted me to create an account etc, so I’m guessing it’s really only made for people in the UK. And my phone has a nasty habit of switching off when I take a photo - luckily DH had all my certs on his app !

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.