Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

All inclusive help!!

PeacheyPeach · 04/09/2021 21:07

Having just returned from a lovely ( but quite tiring!!) Holiday to Devon, I'm thinking maybe if circumstances allow next year we will book an all inclusive holiday.
We usually have a villa or euro camp type of holiday, but I think i just a holiday were we don't have to food shop or drive every were . Never been All-inclusive before but would like to try it.
Can anyone suggest a nice hotel that is suitable for little ones and teenagers am thinking maybe Greece or South of France. Something with a waterpark would be a bonus xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

superstar84 · 04/09/2021 21:07

For Greece I'd recommend a hotel group called Mitsis

They are always very clean and amazing hotels

The blue dome in Kos is our favourite

Please
or

Pumpkinstace · 04/09/2021 21:08

Club Mac in alcudia, majorca

Please
or

Rollingwiththehomies · 04/09/2021 21:21

@Pumpkinstace

Oh god really? I found Club Mac awful. The buffet was chaos, behaviour was chaos. I know a lot of people like it. I woke up head to toe in bites.

I haven’t been, but I have heard like @superstar84 says that mitsis hotels are nice.

I know it’s not what you mentioned, but Fuerteventura Princess in Jandia is nice.
Please
or

DurhamDurham · 04/09/2021 21:29

We're about to go to Malta all inclusive next week. When we go all inclusive we only consider hotel which have different themed restaurants or it all becomes a bit monotonous food wise. We're staying in the db San Antonio hotel and spa which has great reviews, we've stayed in that brand of hotel before so we know the standard to expect.
I know some people hate the idea of all inclusive but I think it's ideal when you have children and teens.

Please
or

Rollingwiththehomies · 04/09/2021 21:36

@DurhamDurham

We're about to go to Malta all inclusive next week. When we go all inclusive we only consider hotel which have different themed restaurants or it all becomes a bit monotonous food wise. We're staying in the db San Antonio hotel and spa which has great reviews, we've stayed in that brand of hotel before so we know the standard to expect.
I know some people hate the idea of all inclusive but I think it's ideal when you have children and teens.

I agree with you, multiple choices for eating is the best way to enjoy AI.
Please
or

NotThatSocial · 04/09/2021 21:47

We usually camp or self cater and have great fun but it isn't exactly relaxing. We then did an all inclusive just before Covid hit and it was absolute bliss. We stayed at the Rodos Princess Beach in Rhodes. The pools were lovely, the food was very good, the evening entertainment (which we expected to be really cringey) was fantastic, there were lots of sports activities and a good kids club.

Please
or

ChocolateRiver · 04/09/2021 21:53

Turkey is great for high quality large all inclusive hotels with water parks etc. Look at the Antalya area. We went to Devon in a cottage and camping in Wales this year and while we had a good time it definitely wasn’t a rest. I’m hoping we’ll be able to back to all-inclusive next year.

Please
or

Stath · 04/09/2021 21:56

Elpida Village in Crete.

Small hotel, can walk to quiet beaches and the food was (mostly) local.

Not a big high rise building and they made us packed lunches when we went out for the day.

Please
or

everythingbutthesink · 04/09/2021 22:04

In Greece their is a chain called colossus hotels. Their amazing. Had a Chinese restaurant on site, a bbq then had themed nights also!
Plus snacks Jon stop all day and night for the kids and a water park and a kids "night club" to
Was brilliant and a lovely lovely hotel to stay at !

Please
or

Member278307 · 04/09/2021 22:41

Try paxos in Greece . Paradise on earth.

Please
or

PeacheyPeach · 04/09/2021 22:44

@rollingwiththehomies I've never thought of malta before , have you got a link for the resort please x

OP's posts:
Please
or

DazedandConcerned · 04/09/2021 22:47

Check out Eden Roc in Rhodes, Greece.

6 ala cartes. Two buffets for breakfast and lunch. 2 lunch ala cartes. Food delivery to pool sun beds for lunch. Ala carte breakfast.

On the Aegean with a lovely pebble beach. Slide pool for the kids.

Honestly can’t fault the hotel.

Please
or

SukonthaM · 04/09/2021 22:50

@Pumpkinstace

Club Mac is fucking diabolical. And I have the lowest standards ever when it comes to holidays
Please
or

TheFairyCaravan · 04/09/2021 23:02

Hotel Atlantica Portobello Royal in Kos is gorgeous. There’s different restaurants on site, it’s right on a private beach. There’s a milkshake bar and ice cream parlour that’s included in the AI. There’s, also, a water park at the back, just across the car park. When we were there last September it was free to get in but that might just have been because of Covid.

It’s a huge complex but because it’s lots of small blocks around small pools it never felt crowed and there wasn’t a fight for a sunbed.

We hired a car while we were there and there’s some beautiful beaches in the vicinity. There is a bus stop right outside which other people were using.

I’d go back in a heart beat.

Menorca is beautiful too. I’ve not stayed in any family type hotels there, though, but as a destination you can’t go wrong with it.

Please
or

RainbowMum11 · 04/09/2021 23:07

The Holiday Villages are good - we have been to the ones in Majorca & Ibiza and they were great.

Please
or

BirdsRoundandRound · 05/09/2021 10:09

We're going to an Ikos hotel in Greece in May - haven't been to one yet, but I have friends who have and they sound amazing. Properly all inclusive (minibar and all) with multiple restaurants with Michelin starred head chefs, activities, kids clubs and water sports included, free mini car hire to explore the island.

Not cheap, but when you factor in the additional costs of AI hotels where in fact there are lots of additional costs, it's not too bad.

Please
or

PeacheyPeach · 05/09/2021 10:39

@birdsroundandround could you send me a link to this please it sounds fab x

OP's posts:
Please
or

247SylviaPlath · 05/09/2021 10:56

Would you mind pm’ing me the link @BirdsRoundandRound - have been looking incessantly online - we’ve never been AI before but after a truly appalling few months we’ve agreed it’s time to treat the kids and ourselves to something properly relaxing, but there’s so much choice and difficult to know what good actually looks like…

Please
or

PeacheyPeach · 05/09/2021 11:18

@247sylviaplath this is how I feel! Just not sure were to start looking and don't want to end up somewhere that feels like a school canteen !!

Has anyone got any experience of the Sani resorts

OP's posts:
Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 05/09/2021 11:29

If by a 'school canteen' you mean one with a buffet restaurant, then they're all likely to feel like that unless you go for the type of hotel that has all a la carte AI, which is very very expensive.

I don't want a buffet AI and I don't want to pay for a la carte AI, so we generally self cater in an apartment or villa or B&B in an apart hotel that is walking distance from shops and restaurants and then eat out at least once, sometimes twice a day, stock up on drinks, snacks and ice creams from the supermarket. A better experience than buffet AI but less expensive than a la carte AI.

Please
or

PeacheyPeach · 05/09/2021 11:31

@barbaraofseville I know I'm thinking I'm actually talking myself out of the whole idea anyway unless I find one that is truly luxurious but then probably will be out of my budget!!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please
or

FredaFox · 05/09/2021 11:37

If you like villa holidays I'd be worried you won't enjoy an all inclusive holiday, I worked in one for 2 summers and I'd never stay in one in Europe, my hotel was a basic 3 star though.

One of the biggest issues was the clientele who used to dump their kids to run riot so they could get pissed, the other that it was very tired though it got done up the year or so after I left

Please
or

TheNewGnuKnew · 05/09/2021 11:37

We had a lovely week here. Spent most of the time on the beach, which is just a 5 minute walk away.

www.marebluebeachcorfu.com/

Please
or
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.