My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Dd teacher being tested for covid

9 replies

Mrspimplepopper · 05/10/2020 11:21

Message from school this morning to say dd teacher is isolating for 14 days due to a close family member testing positive.

Dd is off school today unwell with something unrelated. Should I send her back to school tomorrow? Apparently the kids are gonna be in school and will taught by the teacher but remotely from tomorrow.

OP posts:
Mrspimplepopper · 05/10/2020 11:22

Sorry pressed send too soon

I've asked to keep dd at home and to join the remote learning....

OP posts:
Dominicgoings · 05/10/2020 11:24

Follow the schools advice.

Looneytune253 · 05/10/2020 11:25

If the potentially infected teacher isn't there then send your child in. Sounds like she wasn't poorly/symptomatic anyway? Just isolating as a close contact.

PurpleDaisies · 05/10/2020 11:27

If your daughter is well, send her to school.

PurpleDaisies · 05/10/2020 11:29

The teacher won’t be being tested for covid unless they have symptoms.

Are you planning on keeping your daughter off for the full two weeks the teacher will be off?

WhatHaveIFound · 05/10/2020 11:31

I'd send your child in if the teacher isn't there. My DD has Covid and we're all self isolating in the same house and haven't managed to catch it so I think your DD will be safe in school now.

User0ne · 05/10/2020 13:27

PurpleDaisies is wrong: teachers are able to book tests if they have been a close contact of a confirmed Covid case. Whether she can actually get a test is another matter.

If she does have Covid there's a good chance it's been passed on to some of the kids. Only you can judge your families appetite for risk.

PurpleDaisies · 05/10/2020 14:29

It wouldn’t affect whether they had to quarantine for the two weeks if the contact were positive @User0ne.

A test in those circumstances would be pointless.

MJMG2015 · 05/10/2020 14:33

Given the teacher is off, then I'm not sure why you wouldn't send her in? What do you feel the risk is now?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.