My feed

to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.


Help with house moving forms please.

5 replies

Leakinglikeacolander · 18/09/2020 10:04

A couple of questions re the form you fill in regarding fixtures/fittings etc. Do you have to mention cosmetic problems? We have some hairline cracks in bathroom tiles and the heated towel rail is rusting?
Also if you have people in the family over 17 who are moving with you how are you supposed to provide evidence they will vacate the house?

OP posts:
Leakinglikeacolander · 18/09/2020 10:14

Shameless bump

OP posts:
ShellsAndSunrises · 18/09/2020 10:17

They usually send a form for over 17s to sign to confirm that they’ll move out. That’s what has always happened for us, anyway.

The condition question is harder. We’ve had some forms that only have space to say if it’s included and some that have room for you to write any damage etc... might be worth asking the estate agent if yours isn’t clear.

bilbodog · 18/09/2020 10:28

You dont need to mention cracks or rusting! Why would you? The buyers have seen the property. Fixtures and fittings is So you can list things you are leaving such as a bathroom cabinet.

user1471538283 · 18/09/2020 11:04

I wouldn't mention the condition of the fittings; that is obvious when they viewed. For the over 17s your solicitor will send you a form

Leakinglikeacolander · 18/09/2020 12:54

My buyer has only viewed once and he didn't take notice of the details. I just feel bad because we were going to replace the towel rail. The stickers on the oven and hob are worn so need replacing. Dh doesn't want any unnecessary expense, understandably, but I want to do the decent thing?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.