My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Any opinions on how to do paris holiday cheaply

4 replies

Cecelori · 17/09/2020 04:18

I would take my partner but not bothered about going on my own for career reasons if I were to go for 5 days 3 nights non peak, go one day Disney, eurostar, hotel, upto at least 2nd floor eiffel and free attractions plus one meal out what's the cheapest you think you can do it? Just asking out of curiosity, for my preferred dates and eurostar I have I down to about 280 minimum and max budget for hotel and travel is 400? X

OP posts:
Nikori · 17/09/2020 04:25

Shamelessly following!

HowFastIsTooFast · 17/09/2020 04:31

If you do go alone and don't mind less luxurious accommodation I stayed in a single en-suite room at FIAP Jean Monnet Hostel and it was brilliant and WAY cheaper than anywhere else I could find that looked half decent.

Bright modern place that is set up for groups and conferences so not just hordes of grubby back-packers in dorms, and it's close to a good metro stop. Not the place I'd pick for a romantic weekend but ideal on my own.

I would add that Disney will add a significant chunk of money to your overall spend, but IMO it's worth it!

zatarontoast · 17/09/2020 07:53

Following.

Starisnotanumber · 17/09/2020 09:44

First thing to think about is transport.
You could either get a 5 day metro pass for around 38 euros which will cover you from start to finish of your holiday or a carnet which is 10 individual tickets for metro for 17 euros.
This covers central Paris including most of the sights. You will need a zone 5 ticket for Disney though this is around 10 euro each way.
For one day you can get a ticket for bateau bus this is a hop on hop off River bus costs around 17 euros.
For sightseeing go to sacre coeur free entry and views from outside.
If its open again and you are up to it walking up eiffle tower rather than lift saves money.
Prebooking is necessary.
For meals obviously pick up sandwiches/baguette or get lunchtime deals at cafe or restaurant and snack in evening.
Would suggest Boullion Chartier for your good meal out, cheap and an experience.
Plus if you can stand it Macdonalds on Champs Elysee. Usual prices outside seating and you can get arc de triumph in background on photos.

Got more tips if you want them later.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.