My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Fainting in public

11 replies

Frownette · 14/09/2020 08:17

Has anyone done this? I just nearly did but luckily managed to cross the roads safely and keep out the way of any cars (dizzy spell).

It was basically lack of sleep/stress/not eating properly.

People are generally kind so I knew I could call out to someone to help if necessary. Close call though.

OP posts:
Craddle64 · 14/09/2020 19:58

Yeah a few times. People been very kind.

Dreamersandwishers · 14/09/2020 20:04

Yes, it happened a few years ago. Some passing women were very helpful. A passing druggie asked if I had a bad fix😂.

spiderlight · 14/09/2020 20:06

Yes, a couple of times - not fully lost consciousness but have had to sit down before I fell down and put my head between my knees (I have two diagnosed chronic health conditions that both cause it, which is fun). It once happened just outside the doorway to our local supermarket and several people stepped over me before anyone actually asked if I was OK (to which I gave a typically British 'Yes, fine, thank you!' Hmm). Generally, though, people are lovely. It happened in the playground at school drop-off once, which was a bit mortifying, but again everyone was lovely and another parent gave me a lift home and brought my DS home for me that afternoon.

Hope you're OK, OP. Get yourself checked out if it happens again.

FreezerBird · 14/09/2020 20:06

I fainted on the train home from work when I was pregnant with ds, would be about 16 years ago now.

Nobody noticed.

BogRollBOGOF · 14/09/2020 20:06

Never outright, but warped body temperature, dizzy, staggering around.
Once it was followed up by vomiting on the floor in a cafe. I was particularly prone to it when pregnant (which was when that incident occurred). A big cup of coke and full English sorted it nicely.

After that one, I did let myself drink the coke in the queue as it was better than the alternative.

BogRollBOGOF · 14/09/2020 20:08

Fainting in front of y7 when 8 wkspg was interesting...
They were very sweet.

JanetandJohn500 · 14/09/2020 20:09

Yes. I was 39 weeks pregnant (and like a 🐳) A few men had to club together and count to 3 to get me back up..... It wasn't my finest moment 😂

NameChange84 · 14/09/2020 20:14

In London in an Underground station when I was 20, totally wiped out, think I hit my head hard too. Everyone just kept walking over me. Some city bankers wankers tutted at me, told me to “GET OUTTA THE WAY!!!” and got angry at me for slowing them down. Part of the reason I moved back to Manchester as I was so disgusted at the lack of humanity with what happened to me and also when an elderly lady blacked out at a tube station and the vast majority of people were impatient and rude about her whilst she was terrified, ill and vulnerable.

LatteLover12 · 14/09/2020 20:17

Yep, once at work (teacher) and had to be carried out of the classroom by the big rugby playing TA from next door (did consider fainting again just for that 😂)

Once in the M&S cafe, knew I needed food but didn't quite make it. Was really well looked after with flowers and cake and off duty nurses.

LastDaysOfSummer · 14/09/2020 20:17

When I was pregnant and commuting into London. Had to sit down and put my head low

Frownette · 14/09/2020 21:03

@Dreamersandwishers

Yes, it happened a few years ago. Some passing women were very helpful. A passing druggie asked if I had a bad fix😂.

That would have maked me laugh so much I'd have been able to get back on my feet! Not funny really but perhaps a little unexpected.

It didn't turn out to be very much aside from I was quite worried about toppling over in front of a driver (about the poor car driver) that I had to cross roads quite carefully.

It was busy that time as it was relatively early morning and everyone is rushing around trying to get somewhere.

Interesting hearing people's experiences of other people helping.
OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.