Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Best sand/water table

Coldhandscoldheart · 07/06/2020 07:18

Morning all, I’ve resisted thus far, but am thinking towards a sand and/or water play table.
Any opinions on what to look for/avoid or if you’ve bought a spectacularly good or bad one.
Cheap is good, but if I need to spend a bit more that’s okay.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Coldhandscoldheart · 07/06/2020 07:31

Sorry, should have said, for a 3&4 yo and thanks in advance :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

eyesbiggerthanstomach · 07/06/2020 07:36

I got this for my 2 and a half year old. He is enjoying it. It's not the fanciest one and is a little basic but it does the job well. It depends on how much you want to spend. It comes with a cover which is useful and the little spade, fork, boats etc.

Just a tip I don't use sand and water at the same time on different sides or it becomes one big slush as my one tips sand into water and vice versa. One day is sand day and another is water day!

When I was looking Little Tikes do more fancy ones.

Please
or

voxnihili · 07/06/2020 07:58

We have the little tikes sandy lagoon for DD (almost 2). Like the previous poster I had intended to alternate between water and sand as couldn’t stand the thought of the sludgy mess, but creating a sludgy mess keeps DD entertained for hours. At the end of the day I just drain the water from the water side, use a small spade to shovel the sand back to the sand side and put the cover on. It soon dries out.

Please
or

Coldhandscoldheart · 07/06/2020 08:19

All good thoughts! I had planned separate days, but as you say sludgy messes are fun! Perhaps that would make 3 days...

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 07/06/2020 08:23

My DS loves dinosaurs, so we got him the Step2 Dino dig table.

Please
or

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts · 07/06/2020 08:27

How about a builders tuff tray and stand? We use them all the time at work (in a preschool with 2-4 year olds) sometimes water, sand, other messy sensory stuff and they are v easy to clean out. If you go on pinterest theres loads of ideas for them.

Will grow with them and you can adapt to what they need as they get older. We use the tuff trays with trains/happyland and all sorts they are v versatile for both indoor and outdoor play.

Alternatively cheap cat litter trays are great - poundland do small ones but you can get bigger and deeper ones too for under £10 in places like wilko or pet shops.

Please
or

Littlehouseinthebigcity · 07/06/2020 08:42

My grandad treated us to a wooden picnic table where the lid comes off and you have sand inside it. It's great if you have a smallish garden cos it's also somewhere for the kids to have a picnic/sit for a bbq etc. But it is definitely a slightly pricier option. We have also had a plastic water table thing but tbh if it's hot enough for water play we get the paddling pool out!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.