My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Tenerife...best hotel for teens with lots to do?

13 replies

Overseasmom100 · 25/04/2019 19:08

DS age 14 so looking for hotel with waterpark or nr one plus lots to do in hotel for him...teen club and maybe entertainment at night. Any recomendations?

OP posts:
Overseasmom100 · 25/04/2019 22:24

Anyone

OP posts:
FrequentNameChange · 25/04/2019 22:44

I'd look at one that includes entry to Siam Park, which is arguably Europe's best Waterpark.

Overseasmom100 · 26/04/2019 00:15

Hotel recommendations??

OP posts:
Ricekrispie22 · 26/04/2019 06:50

Holiday Village has a football academy from May to October. There’s also a high ropes course, archery, cinema, bowling alley, games room and arcade. It also as a teens club. There are a few waterslides but nothing to excite a 14 yo.

Iberostar Les Dallias is also good for teens - the older section of the kids club is for 13 - 17 year olds. The facilities aren’t anything like Holiday Village, but it’s close to Aqualand.

Overseasmom100 · 26/04/2019 07:35

Thanks...he hates football Smile but will check out the other one

OP posts:
RiddleyW · 26/04/2019 07:36

Hard Rock hotel?

FrequentNameChange · 26/04/2019 09:12

Villa Mandi?

I haven't been to this one but it has a 4 star rating on trip advisor. Think first choice offer unlimited entry to Siam Park as part of a deal.

Kez200 · 26/04/2019 10:03

Hard Rock is great. We didn't take children so check out whats on offer for them as its important to you.

Its in a new area with a lot of building work going on so, outside of the hotel, there is little to do if you don't drive.

The building work can be noisy in the day but, again, we went a year ago so find out what phase that is at. It may be finished but there looked like a lot to still do when we were there. However, we felt we got a great price - maybe that was why.

Food there is excellent. We had half board. Guitarist at breakfast was fab - so cool!

PoptartPoptart · 26/04/2019 13:31

Look at the TUI website - a lot of their hotels in Tenerife are very close to Siam Park water park (which is huge and amazing). Some of their hotels are even so close that you can walk there, or they provide a free shuttle bus, and include free entry.

FrequentNameChange · 26/04/2019 14:49

Siam Park is quite pricey so if you can get unlimited entrance through I deal with a travel operator would be very worthwhile. Siam is a must by the way Wink

Namechange8471 · 26/04/2019 16:05

We stayed villa mandi, including unlimited access to Siam park. It is amazing, but worth going a few times to make the most of it.

We went everyday!

There's a free shuttle bus 9.30 depart back at 4.30

ReginaGeorgeous · 26/04/2019 18:48

The fabulous Siam Park is in Costa Adeje, have a look on Thomas Cook and Tui as they both offer a good range of hotels there. There's a free shuttle bus to the water park, which gets absolutely rammed. If you can't get on it, get the free bus to Siam Mall, those buses are much quieter and the mall is next door to the waterpark.

We stayed at the Best Jacaranda, I don't know what clubs they had for teenagers as the children in our party were under three, but the hotel had great pools and lots of activities like volleyball during the day and you could hire bikes from reception fairly cheaply.

There's also quite a good range of excursions you can do from this side of Tenerife. You can take a boat trip to La Gomera where Jurassic World was filmed, get a ferry to Gran Canaria, go whale watching or go to Mt Tiede just as a few examples.

Overseasmom100 · 26/04/2019 23:33

Thanks sounds great

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.