Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Gran Canaria

YouveCatToBeKittenMe · 19/08/2018 17:12

Me and dh are thinking of going here for a winter break in Feb time. We’ve never been before and the amount of hotels is a bit mind boggling.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

OP's posts:
Please
or

WalkingTheTightrope · 19/08/2018 17:14

What sort of hotel are you after? The Gloria Palace in Puerto Rico is beautiful, or if you’ve got the budget, the Lopesan in Meloneres. It has the most amazing spa!

Please
or

hilbil21 · 19/08/2018 17:16

Bungalows at Parque Cristobal are nice

Please
or

YouveCatToBeKittenMe · 19/08/2018 17:23

Will look at those mentioned
We’re looking at deals kind of mid price range
I think the lopesan is where my friend went she also said it was amazing

OP's posts:
Please
or

husbandbloodyhusband · 19/08/2018 17:28

We've just stayed at the Gloria Palace SAN Agustin and I was impressed with it. However, it is at the top of a small hill if that's a consideration

Please
or

KinkyAfro · 19/08/2018 18:30

We stayed in Puerto Rico and i hated it, top of a massive hill, ridiculously slippy pavements, most of the restaurants inside shopping centres. We got lot of hassle from timeshare reps on a daily basis so we had to avoid certain areas. I found it pretty dirty and smelly too. I've heard Mogan is nice and I thought maspalomas was quite nice. Not nice enough for us to go back though. Much prefer Tenerife, Fuerteventura or Lanzarote

Please
or

QueenoftheSilverDollar12 · 19/08/2018 18:35

I hated Puerto Rico for exactly the same reasons as @KinkyAfro. And there are massive cockroaches everywhere, one even ran through my hair when I was in bed! There are much better places - Mogan and Maspalomas for example. Or Mallorca....

Please
or

justaweeone · 19/08/2018 18:43

My Dd who's 20 went with a friend in June for a quiet and chilled week away( she must be growing up Grinas it wasn't Kavos!)
They stayed here
https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/gran-canaria/bahia-feliz/hotels/monte-feliz.html
They got a great last minute bargain and really enjoyed themselves and apartment was really nice as well as spotless( the girl has inherited my standards), small square with a few restaurants or you can get a bus or cab to busier resorts however they didn't bother
The hotel was busier at weekends as lots of Spanish come for the weekend but that wasn't a problem for them at all

Please
or

Welshcake77 · 19/08/2018 18:49

I love the Melonares resort and the Lopesan Baobab is our favourite hotel. But in Feb I would go for the other Lopesan Hotel mentioned above as it has an indoor pool too.

Please
or

FurryScoob · 19/08/2018 18:57

We stayed at the Tabaiba Princess in Maspalomas a few years ago. Lovely hotel, easy to walk everywhere 20 mins to the beach & big shopping areas or €5 taxi ride.
Avoid playa del inglais, we didn’t speak to anyone staying there that were happy.

Please
or

Notagainmun · 19/08/2018 19:23

Melonares/Maspalomas is a lovely area. I dislike Puerto Rico too. Puerto Mogan is beautiful and always seems hotter there than the other resorts.

Please
or

YouveCatToBeKittenMe · 20/08/2018 20:41

Thank you everyone
I shall look into all the suggestions
We’ve started looking at Tenerife too

OP's posts:
Please
or

sharond101 · 20/08/2018 20:47

Puerto de MOgan is a beautiful resort. Very authentic and utterly gorgeous. Very family friendly. We stay at Cordial Mogan Valle which has good splash pool for kids.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?