Get weekly insight into your baby and your body's development, with our pregnancy newsletter (even in the last stretch) – from birth plan advice to newborn feeding tips.
1. “Stock up on bananas, drinks and Netflix box sets for when junior has a growth spurt and you're on the sofa for a week feeding round the clock. Happens around six weeks.”
2. “Borrow someone else's kid and learn how to burp them now. It's a fine art.”
3. “Batch cook so there are lots of easy meals available in the freezer.”
4. “Get your house clean if you can (because you won't be doing any cleaning once the baby is here).”
5. “Make a huge batch of chocolate cookies and freeze them. Don't tell anyone they're there – they're all for you.”
6. “Make sure everyone fully understands your expectations about visitors. If you don't want them at first, explain this to them.”
7. “Get loads of the fancy ready-meals from M&S and pop them in the freezer. DH and I got very sick of pizza last time!”
8. “Practise saying 'The kitchen's over there, mine's milk no sugar,' for when guests come over.”
9. “Take unwanted clothes/items to a charity shop; it's amazing how cluttered the house gets once PFB arrives.”
10. “Swimming! It eases the back pain. Follow with a large slice of cake.”
12. “Order a shit load of ice cream online, and sit in bed watching box sets, eating it.”
13. “If you have old friends you haven't spoken to in a while, make those long phone calls catching up with them now.”
14. “Go out for dinner after 7pm. Get up later than 7am.”
15. “Sit back, relax, go out for lunch and chill as much as possible. Life's about to change forever.”
Join mumsnet (if you haven't already) – you'll find loads of advice and support on our forums, for the final days of pregnancy and the early days with a newborn.
Track your baby's development milestones from birth to five years old with our child development calendar.