Talk

Advanced search

Today I talked to someone about Candy's Hugs

(24 Posts)
DoctorTwo Tue 24-Jan-17 19:16:18

And she made me cry. She emptied a jar of random things and put in the change people reject. She's written a label in red saying Candy's Hugs :3 I'd told her about the project and that I wanted to get approval from here before I actually put money in.

My plan is this: I will go into her shop and donate money to her Candy's Hugs jar, so that anybody asking for wool to knit or crochet for Candy's Hugs can get free wool. I am donating the most I can (£50) which doesn't buy much, but she will accept donations too which will help others get free wool.

I will post more tomorrow once I've handed over some dosh. The woman running the shop has given me permission to post details on where the shop is.

Welshgirl40 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:18:04

That's ruddy wonderful. You halo
Neom candle lit here for Zombie.

KnottyAndPistey Wed 25-Jan-17 07:37:48

Oh bless you, how lovely, thank you so much thanks

Aren't folk wonderful? x

DoctorTwo Wed 25-Jan-17 21:26:25

There has had to be a slight delay due to the agency I use unexpectedly calling calling me at 0845 this morning with 2 days work, the first work of the year for me.

I now plan to get this done on Friday, and will post the address and a link to her website and Facebook page.

I'm so happy you both like what I and this lovely woman are doing, I was worried you wouldn't. I am the king of overthinkers! grin

DoctorTwo Fri 27-Jan-17 16:14:34

This lunchtime I went into the shop and handed over £50 which is now in the jar. If you go in and tell her you are knitting for Candy's Hugs you get wool. I get to feel warm and fuzzy.

This is her website

For those not willing to click a link the address is:-

The Wool Shop,
1 High Street,
Newport Pagnell,
MK16 8AR.

MalcolmTuckersOmniShambles Fri 27-Jan-17 18:51:01

Doctor, that's just down the road from me! <waves>. Next time I'm round that way, I shall be sure to pop in and donate some money. My mum uses that shop for her wool too, so I'll tell her about it too. You 🌟.

KnottyAndPistey Fri 27-Jan-17 18:53:43

Oh oh oh!

Thank you - will share this, you bloom star! xxx

UnbornMortificado Fri 27-Jan-17 18:56:05

Il repeat myself but this is amazing.

Doctor I'm nowhere near unfortunately but if it goes online il be happy to donate flowers

SloanyAnne Fri 27-Jan-17 18:59:12

You champ. smileflowers

MrsMozart Fri 27-Jan-17 19:02:24

Lovely idea flowers

I'm no-where near, but have a plan!

AdoraBell Fri 27-Jan-17 19:47:18

Place marking.

TheoriginalLEM Fri 27-Jan-17 19:59:23

What a lovely thing to do - Zombie brings out the best in people! But then people are generally pretty wonderful (mostly)

KnottyAndPistey Sat 28-Jan-17 11:48:23

Love, love, love this!

Thank you again lovely DoctorTwo info about this is scheduled on Woolly Hug's FB page at 1.30 and it will be on Twitter too. thanks star

<happy sigh>

AuntieStella Sat 28-Jan-17 11:51:34

star

and [gin]

(Justine has posted on the thread in Site Issues to say the [gin] is coming)

MyNameIsJane Sat 28-Jan-17 11:54:51

tribpot Sat 28-Jan-17 12:00:17

What a great idea, thank you DoctorTwo and The Wool Shop!

BrianCoxWithBellsOn Sat 28-Jan-17 12:10:14

In amongst all the poo and gloom in the world, the lovely little acts of kindness are what are keeping me going and give me hope.

flowers

SlankyBodger Sat 28-Jan-17 19:04:27

Could we give donations to you to give to her? I know that's quite a big thing and no shame in saying no, but it would only be until she has a donate thing set up online.

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Jan-17 19:07:55

What a really lovely idea. Candy's Hugs is an awesome project, inspired by an incredible lady and bringing together such lovely people. Proud to do my tiny bit.

NorksAreMessy Sun 29-Jan-17 11:36:42

Doctor what a truly LOVELY idea

<sniff>

NorksAreMessy Sun 29-Jan-17 11:38:23

do you think she needs some leaflets or some such to point NEW people towards FB or here?

DoctorTwo Sun 29-Jan-17 19:21:56

Blimey, I go away for the weekend and people are being nice to me on the internet. wink grin

Before I left on Saturday morning I posted a link to the Woolly Hugs/Candy's Hugs webpage to The Wool Shop's Facebook page which has now totally outed me <shrugs>. I like this NN so I'm keeping it. Unless my children find out...

Tamsworth17 Wed 01-Feb-17 20:19:42

What a lovely idea!

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Tue 28-Feb-17 14:19:59

What a lovely idea!

I was talking to a friend about Candy the day after she passed away and she promised to look up Woolly Hugs & make a few squares.
I gave her a bunch of yarn and she's already made six.
6!!!!
And she's roped in her mum and another friend....

People are great ❤

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now