Talk

Advanced search

Nadia Whittome MP

(8 Posts)
Dances Tue 03-Mar-20 18:55:25

Has this been posted? Apols is so, but it's seriously shocking.

Unrepentant? Educated? How can these young MPs be so bloody ignorant of history?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NadiaWhittomeMP/status/1229741462859997185

OP’s posts: |
lionheart Tue 03-Mar-20 19:11:16

What does she say?

wellbehavedwomen Tue 03-Mar-20 19:15:34

It's not really shocking. That's what the pledge said. It wasn't subtle or dishonest: it flat out told us they don't want our money, campaign efforts or votes, unless we're willing to agree women have no rights whatsoever to an identity, far less to organise and to advocate for ourselves. We are support humans, there to service males. However those males identify.

Unfortunate, given beggars are not choosers and we just lived past the most cataclysmic defeat in anyone's lifetime, but if my party are this desperate to ensure their electoral oblivion over an insane purity spiral, then it is what it is.

Mockerswithnoknockers Tue 03-Mar-20 19:22:23

Nadia she say:

"Yes, as I’ve said above, unrepentant transphobes/racists/misogynists etc. should be expelled."

"The Labour Party should educate those who are ignorant rather than ideological. And if they don’t respond to education, they should also be expelled."

"We are in complete agreement on the need to expel ringleaders."

wellbehavedwomen Tue 03-Mar-20 19:34:34

mobile.twitter.com/NadiaWhittomeMP/status/1229741462859997185

"Education" or expulsion, for women wanting to discuss how we are affected by sweeping changes to the very definition of what a woman is - how can they not know how they sound? And how could any self-respecting woman vote for that?

Centre males in your feminism, or you're a witch.

lionheart Tue 03-Mar-20 19:35:28

Okay, found it. From 18th Feb.

'Do you agree with expelling hardcore GCs who are WPUK organisers? This is ideological for them'

NW: 'Yes, as I’ve said above, unrepentant transphobes/racists/misogynists etc. should be expelled.

The Labour Party should educate those who are ignorant rather than ideological. And if they don’t respond to education, they should also be expelled.'

ErrolTheDragon Tue 03-Mar-20 19:42:45

Oh dear. Somewhere in the twittering, it seems she was getting grief from TRAs for having the temerity to support 'education ' rather than instant expulsion.

'transphobes have been exploiting precisely that “education first” approach for the last year and that’s why they’ve been able to establish a power base in the party. '

Ah... would that be because when people start to get an education about these matters they are liable go 'oh shit, I see what the women are on about'?

EverardDigby Tue 03-Mar-20 19:49:23

She'll probably look back one day in embarrassment. Some good responses on there!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in