Talk

Advanced search

Classed as female?

(22 Posts)
Letsgetreadytorumbleagain Tue 23-Oct-18 18:31:06

Is there anyway of finding out if this crime is counted as being committed by a woman?

https://www.facebook.com/hertspolice/photos/a.390253366945/10155632193771946/?type=3

I'm just starting to get my head around this issues and skewing of stats really bothers me!

Cooroo Tue 23-Oct-18 18:38:55

God knows but it makes me bloody angry.

pombear Tue 23-Oct-18 18:40:58

Gary's got form
transcrimeuk.com/2018/02/01/carys-cooper/

This never happens Just because they're trans... etc, etc, etc.

I'd love to know this too Lets and, seeing as he's committed a slew of offences over the years, at what point, do those people recording the stats do decide to change over to 'crime committed by a woman'?

Back in 2012, the news reported him as 'he'
www.itv.com/news/meridian/2012-11-15/online-paedophile-jailed-for-14-years/
He fabricated a profile in which he purported to be a 15 year old girl

At what stage did the state decide he wasn't fabricating purporting to be a woman, but still fabricating the age thing?

We've moved in four years from newspapers being able to report someone's crime in the sex that they are, to 'respecting their pronouns' so both the police and journos have to say 'a woman has been sentenced^

Some people must be so proud of their activism?

ZuttZeVootEeVro Tue 23-Oct-18 18:43:05

Who knows? I know Pankhurst is a male prison. The 'she' just might just be that ridiculous press agreement not to misgender people.

JellySlice Tue 23-Oct-18 18:45:46

Given that the police report this person as a woman, I suspect it is recorded as crime committed by a female. The photo is, of course, a big clue to the criminal's male sex, but the fact that they were in HMP Parkhurst confirms it. I wonder where Cooper will now be imprisoned.

I wonder, also, whether Cooper's victim was obliged to refer to Cooper as 'she' during the trial.

Sickening crime. Sickening individual. And sickening gaslighting by the police.

pombear Tue 23-Oct-18 18:46:47

Not just the press - Let's link is from the Herts Police facebook.

Hence the question, is this being recorded as a female crime statistic, seeing as even the police are saying 'woman'?

At no point in the Herts Police statement is there any infererence that this person is anything but a woman (apart from the pic, thanks Herts!)

Which begs the question - if you were a victim of someone called Gary Cooper many years ago, this may pass you by and not prompt you to report similar crimes , as you no noone called Carys.

Yet another impact of the 'do not deadname' policy.

JellySlice Tue 23-Oct-18 18:49:14

Yet another impact of the 'do not deadname' policy.

How long until Carrie Cooper claims that they cannot be accused of historic crimes because Carrie Cooper didn't exist at that time, so could not have carried them out?

Sarahjconnor Tue 23-Oct-18 18:56:50

They are gaslighting victims of rape and this can result in PTSD. It is state and media sponsored victim abuse.

pombear Tue 23-Oct-18 18:58:24

Absolutely Jelly

And I'd just like to do a shout-out to the young woman who reported and spoke out against Gary.

She's 18.

Detective Constable Martin Macnish, from Hertfordshire Constabulary’s Joint Child Protection Investigation Team, said: “The victim has carried this for so many years without telling anyone about what happened to her. I want to commend her courage in disclosing Cooper’s crimes so that justice could be served.She described how she had not spoken to anyone about what happened to her because Cooper had told her to keep it a secret.

She was under 13 when the abuse happened

You, my lovely young woman, deserve respect. Your abuser does not. Particularly any respect in terms of what pronouns he'd like used.

ZuttZeVootEeVro Tue 23-Oct-18 19:02:00

Good point about the deadnaming policy and the difficulty reaching other potential victims.

Aren't some people campaigning for 'gendered' crime to be removed from (let's face it) male transpeoples history because it outs them?

Datun Tue 23-Oct-18 19:02:29

They are gaslighting victims of rape and this can result in PTSD. It is state and media sponsored victim abuse.

This.

It's so disgusting I have no words for it. Depraved, disgusting, woman hating. Those words aren't enough.

Redshoeblueshoe Tue 23-Oct-18 19:02:51

FFS

Datun Tue 23-Oct-18 19:07:02

So many comments under that saying this isn't a woman, I live near this bloke he's known for this.

Ignoring women's experience, and statistical evidence in order to fucking validate a few men is just...

I have no bloody words.

LangCleg Tue 23-Oct-18 19:12:59

I think the formerly of HMP Parkhurst, Isle of Wight is as close as the police force dares to come on the sex of this particular charmer.

Sarahjconnor Tue 23-Oct-18 19:35:32

@Datun
I have written to the BBC making a direct accusation of gaslighting and causing mental harm to rape victims. I will let you know if they bother to respond.

Sarahjconnor Tue 23-Oct-18 19:36:07

Sorry - should say - not re this monster - karen white well as others were referenced.

Datun Tue 23-Oct-18 20:31:39

Thanks Sarah

BlackForestCake Tue 23-Oct-18 21:50:53

Sad to see so many hate crimes being committed in the comments.
</sarcasm>

Sarahjconnor Tue 23-Oct-18 22:06:23

I just cannot fathom it. It is an Owellian nightmare. Rape victims, women who have been raped by men are being lied to by the Police, the Government and the media. It's so shocking I just cannot comprehend it.

Thingybob Wed 24-Oct-18 03:07:21

Among the comments, one person is complaining that others are misgendering by calling him a man. They ask Herts Police to take note of the transphobia

PositivelyPERF Wed 24-Oct-18 04:04:26

That creature defending him, is an absolute joke, Thingybob, but I wonder how long it will be before he’s thrown out of the TRAs for not being a REAL transwoman? After all, they’re a real transwoman, until they commit a crime.

ZuttZeVootEeVro Wed 24-Oct-18 05:17:14

I just cannot fathom it. It is an Owellian nightmare. Rape victims, women who have been raped by men are being lied to by the Police, the Government and the media. It's so shocking I just cannot comprehend it.

If these men had GRC I could understand the use of the word 'transwoman', but do these rapists have GRC? The authorities are acting like self id is already law.

If these rapists have GRC, it shows that the whole process needs reviewing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »