Feminisim and small penis jokes

(133 Posts)
TomInAustin Fri 18-Nov-16 21:52:41

I just read an amazing article about how many small penis jokes feminists tell. That seems to fly in the face of anti-body-shaming. I would love to discuss.

I am a man cursed with the problem, i am a feminist and work with an organization that helps women entrepreneurs. I am curious if you know how painful it is for a man like me to hear?

CJCreggsGoldfish Fri 18-Nov-16 21:56:50

Do you have a link to that article?

Personally, in against any sort of body shaming.

elQuintoConyo Fri 18-Nov-16 22:06:27

Hand on heart I have never told a 'small penis' joke, never commented negatively about a lover (ie gossiping to friends), never made an off-hand remark about bad driving.

And I think it is sad when people do.

Rochefort Fri 18-Nov-16 22:09:43

I hate comments related to penis size in the same way i hate men commenting on women's bodies. I have a son with a very very small penis and i dread to think how his self esteem will suffer when he starts dating and hears these comments

ethelb Fri 18-Nov-16 22:10:28

I would love to see the article too hmm

You sound a bit preoccupied tbh.

Women are much less fussed about penises (size or otherwise) than men are ime.

M0stlyHet Fri 18-Nov-16 22:11:12

I'm of the opinion that if you find "bucket fanny" jokes offensive (and I do), you shouldn't tell jokes about small penises either. If it helps any, the advice I'd give you is the same as I'd give a female friend who in some way fell short of "accepted standards of attractiveness" (which is pretty much all of us) - look on it as a sort of "wanker filter". If a potential partner is so shallow that it matters to her, then you've dodged a bullet by finding out and can move on to someone who does appreciate you.

WomanWithAltitude Fri 18-Nov-16 22:11:49

I wasn't aware that penis size was a big issue for feminists. I must be doing feminism wrong. confused

AidingAndAbetting Fri 18-Nov-16 22:12:01

I've never made a small penis joke and I never will. Neither would I discuss a partner's penis size with anyone else. All body shaming is unacceptable.

AnyFucker Fri 18-Nov-16 22:12:40

I have never told such "joke" and I am as feminist as they come

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Fri 18-Nov-16 22:12:46

Yes, link please

I think people do make penis jokes, i am not sure how many of them would say they are feminists though

GrabtharsHammer Fri 18-Nov-16 22:13:42

I don't think you'll find many actual feminists who routinely make small penis jokes.

QueenLaBeefah Fri 18-Nov-16 22:14:02

I really do not like jokes about penis size. Just very unnecessary.

almondpudding Fri 18-Nov-16 22:14:42

I've never heard a small penis joke.

CaesiumTime Fri 18-Nov-16 22:17:37

Erm, Tom seems very keen to discuss this having posted about the small penis issue on zombie threads. confused

VestalVirgin Fri 18-Nov-16 22:20:46

I don't think it is relevant to feminism, but if it helps; I don't actually think people refer to actual penis size when they imply that a man with a big car must have something to compensate.

They just mean his self esteem / desire to appear masculine.

hesterton Fri 18-Nov-16 22:21:16

I don't tell small pens jokes but I have had a number of men approach me back in my online dating days truing to engage me in discussions about their small penises.

I think it can become somewhat of a thing in fetishistic terms.

GrabtharsHammer Fri 18-Nov-16 22:21:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

hesterton Fri 18-Nov-16 22:21:55

Penis

Trying

Autocorrect.

Kimiko Fri 18-Nov-16 22:25:23

I've never heard a small penis joke but there was a very long thread on AIBU about the worst dates ever which featured a lot of posts about micro penises/ mis- shaped penises.

TomInAustin Fri 18-Nov-16 22:32:05

Sorry for not linking

everydayfeminism.com/2016/03/penis-size-shaming-harmful/

I read another one and I'll find it too

TomInAustin Fri 18-Nov-16 22:32:57

No Grabs, I was serious.

toconclude Fri 18-Nov-16 22:38:03

Stupid' jokes' like that have nowt whatever to do with feminism, it sounds as if you just want to have a "wah, those nasty feminists, feminism = manhating" bash and have been searching around for ammunition.
Not the right place for this, mate.

GrabtharsHammer Fri 18-Nov-16 22:41:48

That article is mainly bobbins. I'm not even going to start on the fact it claims women can have penises too.

Judging men's worth by the size of their penises is wholly rooted in patriarchy. I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why feminists as a group are being asked to do do something about it as, to be quite frank, we have enough shit to be getting on with that directly affects our own class (ie women).

Yet again I'm reading an article by a transwoman bleating on about an issue affecting men and tasking women with sorting it out.

Any kind of body shaming is of course wrong. And I don't believe that feminists are going around making value judgements on men based on cock size.

This really does strike me as a bit of a non issue. Sorry bout it.

TomInAustin Fri 18-Nov-16 22:42:28

toconclude. I did not come here to stir it up or be attacked. I actually thought i could get a discussion going.

almondpudding Fri 18-Nov-16 22:42:54

It's about as silly as every other article Everyday Feminism churns out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now