Talk

Advanced search

"Cat Calling"

(7 Posts)
smugaboo Wed 01-Jun-11 08:02:05

I just have to share this with you from Australia, where I am from and live. A female politician is "cat-called" in parliament when she appears to get a bit annoyed about something. Watch the video, her reaction is great.

www.smh.com.au/national/wong-hits-back-at-catcall-20110601-1ffyg.html

celadon Wed 01-Jun-11 08:08:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 01-Jun-11 08:08:27

"However, the senator later told news.com.au that he had not intended to attack Senator Wong because she was a woman.

"Her reaction to the issue of the secretary's appearance was like that of an angry cat. It could have been a male or female cat," he said."

Hahahahaha. Yes, I'm sure he's 'meowed' at male politicians a million times.

"I like cats", he added.

<wiping tears from eyes>

LRDTheFeministDragon Wed 01-Jun-11 10:38:34

"Her reaction to the issue of the secretary's appearance was like that of an angry cat. It could have been a male or female cat," he said."

Ah yes, because it was really the idea that he might have been discriminating against a cat that had us all bothered ... hmm

grin

dittany Wed 01-Jun-11 11:46:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HaughtyChuckle Wed 01-Jun-11 17:13:09

wever, the senator later told news.com.au that he had not intended to attack Senator Wong because she was a woman.

Hahahahaha. Yes, I'm sure he's 'meowed' at male politicians a million times.

"I like cats", he added.

LOL oh dear

aliceliddell Sun 05-Jun-11 14:57:58

Yes, but dittany, do you think tyhat was genuine pain or just for the cameras? Or is it me being cynical bitter and twisted?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now