Postcoital bleeding - what to expect at GP appointment

(7 Posts)
rhombuspocahontas Tue 23-Feb-21 19:09:57

I've finally plucked up the courage to book a doctors appointment as I've been bleeding after sex for approx 3 months.

Spoke briefly to the GP the other day and she said I should book a face-to-face appointment (our practise are using telephone appointments as far as possible).

What can I expect? Will she examine me internally? Will I be referred? I'm thinking the worst but hoping it's nothing serious.

OP’s posts: |
BadEyeBri Tue 23-Feb-21 20:53:09

You will probably have an internal exam and then maybe referral for colposcopy.

katiemumma20 Tue 23-Feb-21 23:16:43

When I had this, the gp did an internal exam. She found cervical ectropion which is completely benign but referred me to a gyneocologist who removed it xx

rhombuspocahontas Wed 24-Feb-21 09:39:41

Thanks both, I'm not worried about an examination just hope she can give me some (positive) answers today.

Cheesestring19 Mon 22-Mar-21 07:01:28

Hi how did you get on? I'm ringing my gp today for an appointment as Iv had a few bouts of small specks of blood after sex

Dithery Mon 22-Mar-21 20:37:24

Hi all! How have you got on?x

rhombuspocahontas Mon 22-Mar-21 21:54:43

Hi, my GP examined me internally but couldn't see anything obvious so referred me to a gynaecologist.... 18 week waiting list at the moment. I guess she wasn't too concerned otherwise I think I would've been seen more urgently.
Still bleeding after sex though sad

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in