Talk

Advanced search

WEIGHTWATCHERS PROPOINTS - THE RECIPE FILES

(13 Posts)
ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Thu 26-May-11 10:36:56

If you have a delicious, low propoint meal, share it here!

hmc Thu 26-May-11 10:43:43

A quick lunch:

3 dark rye ryvitas (3), spread with 25g of very low fat philadelphia (1), and topped with 60 of smoked salmon (2) = 6

hmc Thu 26-May-11 11:14:58

BAKED COD WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE, 29 pp whole recipe, serves 4 (7pp per serving)

Very quick and uber simple meal and the addition of a lemon butter sauce transforms it from bland baked cod to something worth eating. Serve with new potatoes and vegetables / salad

Ingredients for 4:
800g of cod fillet (18pp)
50g butter (10pp)
1 chicken stock cube (1pp)
Juice of half a lemon (0pp)

Method
Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade and when warm placed cod fillets in oven proof dish and bake for circa 15-20 minutes until cooked through. For lemon butter sauce, dissolve 1 chicken stock cube in 70ml of boiling water, add the juice of half a lemon and 50g of butter. 5 minutes before the cod is due to come out of oven, heat the lemon butter sauce ingredients over a low flame. Only simmer - do not boil, or ingredients seperate. Pour lemon butter sauce over cod fillets and serve.

SpringFollows Thu 26-May-11 16:18:48

Very simple.
130 g salmon fillet
1 tbs pesto

top salmon with pesto, wrap in foil cook in oven for 22 minutes on 200 celsius.

7 points, and very tasty.

LolaLadybird Thu 26-May-11 21:14:32

There are not my recipes but are the ones I'd cut and paste from the thread recently to have in one place. Thought I would paste here to save their owners re-typing. Apologies for not crediting them to their rightful owner but didn't make a note!! smile

Aubergine/BS bake

200g cooked green lentils (6pp)
1 medium bns chopped into roughly 1 inch cubes
ditto for 1 large aubergine
1 roughly chopped red onion
1 chopped clove of garlic
seasoning (I used a morroccan spice mill, but imagine tsp of cumin would be good too. It would still be tasty without spices tho)
120g light halloumi cheese (7pp)

Spray roasting tin and veg with frylight
Roast the bns/aubergine and onion on a lowish temp (150 degrees) for about 40 mins.
turn the veg a couple of times, respraying with frylight when you do so.
Add the chopped garlic for last 10 mins.

When veg is soft combine in a baking dish with the lentils and small amount of stock (1/2 tbsps)
Slice the halloumi cheese and cover the veg with it.
pop it under the grill for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.

Really really good with the ww mini naan breads (3pp and you can get packs of 4 from poundland). Fat free Greek yoghurt would be nice with it too.

Aubergine & Lentil recipe

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp curry powder
1 aubergine, diced
175g dried split red lentils
600ml veg stock
pinch salt
100ml low-fat coconut milk
2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped

Spray pan with LF cooking spray / oil & fry onion & garlic gently till softened but not brown. Stir in curry powder & fry for another minute. Add aubergine, salt & lentils & stir to coat. Add stock, bring to boil & simmer uncovered for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop sticking. Lentils should be tender and mushy, if not, boil rapidly for few minutes. Stir in coconut milk & coriander & serve.

I don't follow to the letter: last night I added mustard seeds & onion seeds after frying onion & garlic, and used Patak's curry paste not powder. Also added chopped chilli as I like a kick to my curries! I find I have to add more water, and I prefer my lentils with a bit of bite still. Had it with a Sharwoods mini-naan (3PP) and used full-fat coconut milk, which made it 6PP per serving. Got leftovers for lunch today, yum yum!

Prawn linguine

Boil linguini (50g each)
Chuck in mange tout for last 4 mins
Drain, keep 60 ml of the water
Stir in bag of king prawns (i used 250 gm cooked king prawns for 2)
Stir in 3/4 tub sweet chilly light philly and the 60ml water
Add S+P and chilli flakes (if you like it hot)

Pasta in creamy mushroom and leek sauce

The sauce:
150g mushrooms sliced
2-3 leeks sliced
half a red onion diced
200g extra light philly
veg stock (about a pint)

put all the veg in a big saucepan, add the stock, bring to boil then simmer for 20 mins or so to reduce and intensify the flavour.
Stir in the philly.

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Thu 26-May-11 21:47:42

Thanks lola was hoping someone organised would do that!

LittleFriendSusan Mon 06-Jun-11 22:41:54

Ricotta,tomato & spinach frittata (courtesy of BBC Good Food)
5PP per serving (serves 4) or 6PP each for 3 servings

1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion , finely sliced
300g cherry tomatoes
100g spinach leaves
small handful basil leaves
100g ricotta
6 eggs , beaten
salad , to serve

1.Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5-6 mins until softened and lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and toss for 1 min to soften.
2.Remove from the heat, add the spinach leaves and basil, and toss together to wilt a little. Transfer all the ingredients to a greased 30cm x 20cm rectangular baking tin. Take small scoops of the ricotta and dot over the vegetables.
3.Season the eggs and beat well, then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until pale golden and set. Serve with salad.

gemmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 08:32:12

chicken tandoori, was gorgeous.
4 tbsp low fat greek yoghurt
1 tsp tom puree
2 cloves garlic crushed
3 cardomom pods, lightly crushed
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp curry powder
2 skinless chicken breasts diced
mix all ingredients in bowl, add chicken. seal in pan using low cal spray then put in oven for 8-10 mins at 180 (fan) 200 (normal) serve with rice.
60g raw basmati rice per person makes a PP value of 12 per serving including the rice.

herdingcats Tue 14-Jun-11 19:29:15

Marinara sauce for pasta or rice.
Serves 2 4PP per person
1/2 bag frozen mixed seafood(Aldi) 5PP
125ml white wine 3PP
Tin of tomatoes
2 clove garlic
mixed herbs
Pinch of chilli powder
onion
courgette
pepper
mushrooms

Method
Spray pan with 0PP frying spray
Soften chopped veg with garlic herbs and chilli
Add wine and tinned tomatoes, then simmer untul thickened.
Add defrosted seafood mix, put on a lid and steam them for 3-4 mins until thoroughly heated through.
60g of pasta per person makes this a hearty meal for 10PP each

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Tue 14-Jun-11 22:56:20

Some of these sound lovely, definitely going to try them!

NoWayNoHow Thu 16-Jun-11 08:37:41

Quick pesto pasta (serves 2) - 7pp per person

Cook 120g dried weight pasta (fusilli or penne) according to packet instructions

Meanwhile, add cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets and sugar snap peas to a wok sprayed with low fat cookig spray on a high heat. Ladel a couple of spoons of the pasta water into the wok, and steam the vegetables until just tender. (you can add more water if needs be).

Drain the pasta, add to the vegetables in the wok and stir in 2tbsp pesto sauce. Serve!

(Swap out the veggies for any other zero points items to change it up a bit if you fancy)

Cheat's pizza (serves 1) - 7pp

Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan-assisted)

Take a Warburton's Square-ish wrap and top with 1tbsp tomato puree, spreading it over the wrap.

Slice 30g of chorizo, then quarter each slice and sprinkle the bits onto the pizza

Crumble 25g low fat feta (aka salad cheese in Tesco and in Waitrose) over the pizza

Top with peppadew peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced yellow pepper and bake in oven for 5-6mins

vanimal Mon 11-Jul-11 21:25:00

This is not really a recipe, but makes for a low PP filling lunch:
Sausage sandwich

2 slices of toast - Hovis wholemeal bread x 2 (3PP)
Quorn sausages x 2 (3PP)
Ketchup and chilli sauce on the bread
Onions optional

This makes a fab, 7PP sausage sandwich, my current favourite, and very filling.

thinbridewaitingtogetout Wed 13-Jul-11 19:28:02

Creamy Carbonarra serves 4 About 7pp per serving

4 rashers of lean back smoked bacon
1 red onion
small 20ml tub of ww thick cream
splash of white wine
salt and pepper to season
cooking spray
pasta of choice 160g dried weight

Put a pot of water on to boil
chop onion and dice bacon (remove any visible fat),add pasta to boiling water.
fry bacon in pan with cooking spray then toss in onion, soften the onion a little but dont colour it and add the wine.
Simmer for a few mins allowing the alcohol to burn off add a ladel of pasta water then stir in cream, season with salt and pepper and toss through drained pasta when cooked!

Had this tonight and it was delish (also add 2 tsp of parmesan for 2pp as a treat)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: