Talk

Advanced search

Isle of Wight or south cost with farm animals?

(6 Posts)
doobyooby Mon 11-Feb-19 13:10:01

Hello

Hoping someone can help me please:

I'm looking for a holiday park or self catering accommodation with plenty to do for the age range of 9-12.

I have one animal fan and his brother is a fan of playing pool and darts. Both love swimming and hiring those pedal go karts. And general exploring within a safe limited area such as a holiday park. I can't camp but happy to do a lodge or static caravan.

Last year we went to Duinrell which ticked lots of boxes.

This year i would like to visit the south coast or SW eg Sussex Kent Hampshire Isle of Wight Dorset Devon.

Or to get on a ferry eg Portsmouth or Poole to go to northern France or Channel Islands. (Max 2 hours drive the other end).

Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Ricekrispie22 Mon 11-Feb-19 17:25:40

Tapnell Farm is lovely but they’re very popular and book up quickly tapnellfarm.com They’re also fairly expensive. You might have more luck at Stowford stowford.co.uk/north-devon-campsite-facilities/
Puddleduck Valley is also nice www.puddleduckvalley.co.uk/events.html

WhoGivesADamnForAFlakeyBandit Mon 11-Feb-19 17:44:01

As soon as you said go karts I thought of Tapnell Farm.

BlueChampagne Tue 12-Feb-19 13:14:31

The Garlic Farm on the IoW has farm animals, a games room, outdoor games. You'd have to go to the beach for swimming. Cottages and yurts.

CC77 Wed 13-Feb-19 23:28:16

I would definitely second/third Tapnell Farm. We go every year and there's so much there to please so many different ages. The accommodation does book up very quickly (every year we book for the year ahead while we're there) but you can visit for the day. And you can finish the day with a nice meal at the restaurant, The Cow Shed.

ElizabethinherGermanGarden Sat 23-Mar-19 11:41:09

http://www.westwightalpacas.co.uk
You can take the alpacas for a walk!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: