Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bedruthan/Watergate/St Moritz - help us choose!

(8 Posts)
stinkingbishop Thu 26-Oct-17 19:23:18

80 year old PILs who are fab, and fit, but FIL can get very anxious and overwhelmed, so needs some quiet adults-only space to escape to. Both like their food. Both well posh smile.

We have DTDs who will be 6. They're great at pootling around and we'll have lots of beach time and exploring but would be good to have activities in the hotel too and babysitting so we can have some adults-only meals.

Me and DP don't really care as long as everyone else is happy!
All 3 have availability...which would you recommend?

2014newme Fri 27-Oct-17 10:09:09

I don't know St Moritz.
Watergate bay would be my choice of the other 2 for its proximity to beach and the pool but I don't think either bedruthan or Watergate bay have quieter areas. Could your parents stay in the scarlet which is adults only? They get some peace and quiet and you meet up as you want to?
Make sure you get sea views if staying at bedruthan not car park views. I find the interior there a bit holiday inn but they may have done it up in recent years.

mummymeister Fri 27-Oct-17 13:55:17

If its a family friendly hotel then its not going to be quiet for the older two in your party. you could go for a site with cottages and put them in a sleeps 2 and you in a larger one so that everyone has their own space.

been to bedruthan. very child centred and very noisy when we were there. I like the idea of the older ones in the scarlet which literally is joined on and you in bedruthan.

2014newme Fri 27-Oct-17 14:22:25

When we go with pils they book a seperate cottage next door so they can retreat for peace and quiet. We're not particularly noisy but fil has health issues.

stinkingbishop Sat 28-Oct-17 10:14:17

That's really helpful, thanks everybody! Will report back, if we survive smile.

ImpyDimpy Mon 30-Oct-17 21:48:52

Yep, the rooms at Bedruthan have been modernised. However the menu is very repetitive & you know exactly what will be offered for tomorrow's lunch because it'll be tonight's leftovers!

Having said that, we return because it's so easy for keeping DD entertained and for us to eat like proper grown-ups pre-DD's arrival.

The Scarlet is pure bliss. God, I miss that sad You won't go wrong there. We had the Unique room and a Just Right room and both are gorgeous in their own ways.

underneaththeash Wed 01-Nov-17 21:07:00

Id get your parents to stay at the Scarlett and you at Bedruthan. You can still eat together at Bedruthan, but your parents can have quite times at their hotel.

I actually find the menu at bedruthan fine and I'm really fussy! I'd get a babysitter one evening and the have a meal at the Scarlett.

The other thing I'd recommend is a stroll along the coast to Bedruthan steps. Its an easy 30 mins from the hotel....the walk to Watergate Bay is much more difficult. There is also a nice cafe at Bedruthan steps.
Just to clarify that Bedryhan steps hotel and the Scarlet are at Mowgan Porth beach.

Scallywaggle Thu 02-Nov-17 06:28:55

Underneath, I don't know when you went but every time we have gone to Bedruthan we have been told if we have a babysitter or use the listening service we're not allowed off-site.

We even asked if we could just pop to The Scarlett for a quick afternoon tea and that got frowned upon.

Haven't tried the café - will add to the list brewcake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now