Talk

Advanced search

Toddler started talking about "the man"

(17 Posts)
Jojo13 Fri 13-Oct-17 20:58:35

First he was sort of looking behind me asking what the man was called. (Admittedly we were generally talking about names and what mummy/nanny/daddy were called)
But then a few days later he said at bedtime "the mans not here"
Then tonight I had a total freak out because he said he was "waiting for the man" and that the "man is coming tonight"
I cannot relate this to anything at all in real life.. no man is due to visit us tonight?!

Dreams maybe? Spirits?

I'm not good with spooky stuff and was genuinely a bit nervous turning off his light tonight!

Blahblahboo Fri 13-Oct-17 21:01:32

I would be packing his stuff and staying at a friend's or something m

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 13-Oct-17 21:03:57

Hace you asked him anything about the Man?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 13-Oct-17 21:05:17

I'd be sleeping wih my lights on grin

RefuseTheLies Fri 13-Oct-17 21:08:06

My toddler shouted 'look mummy. Man here' whilst pointing at an empty chair in our house the other week.

There's also one particular house we pass on our way to the swing park and she always waves even though I've never seen anyone there.

Can't say either of those things have bothered me particularly though. I think toddlers are just batshit insane generally.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Fri 13-Oct-17 21:14:50

Well children have vivid imaginations.
Have you asked him to tell you about the man? Who is he, what does he look like etc.

Jojo13 Fri 13-Oct-17 21:31:39

Ha! Nothing else ever spooky has happened in the house, it's purely just this last couple of weeks he has said probably 4 or 5 things.
I have asked him what man? What man does he mean, but he doesn't really say (he's only 2 and a half)
Maybe I will ask what he looks like?!
Toddlers are generally batshit, this is true! And if it had been once or maybe twice I wouldn't have thought anymore about it, but what he said tonight even freaked out OH and that takes some doing...!

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sat 14-Oct-17 19:58:31

So did you get a visit last night? wink

Aria2015 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:04:14

My lo has done this recently. Cried out for me (unusual for him) and when I’ve gone in said ‘there’s a man here mummy!’ - freaked me right out! Hoping it’s his imagination! I’ve checked the wardrobe (for my own peace of mind lol!) and nothing!

Jojo13 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:13:29

Ha! No visits to my knowledge and no mention of the man today, thankfully.

Aria, that is soooo freaky. If he woke me and that happened in the middle of the night I would defo be sleeping with the light on..! It's bad enough when he just mentions it in the day.

RunningOutOfCharge Sat 14-Oct-17 20:23:47

Have you checked the loft?

jbee1979 Tue 17-Oct-17 21:16:40

My toddler freaked me out, talking about THE MAN at bedtime. It wasn't until she said "the man bring apples", I realised she was hoping for a Tesco delivery! 😂

SimonNeilshair Tue 17-Oct-17 21:46:55

My ds used to talk about 'the master' he used to say the master told him to do things, that freaked me out. He's 5 now and hasn't mentioned it for a while

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 18-Oct-17 07:26:20

Using the phrase the Master would totally freak me out as that’s how men were referred to around here 100 years ago. As in, say hello to the Master.

LuluJakey1 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:22:37

Mine was waving at the man in the sea when we were on our walk on the prom a few weeks ago. The man was waving back then he went under the sea. There was no man. The tide was in up to the sea wall. There was no one in the sea except the fat man DS could see. He has seen him twice since. He calls him Mr Jim hmm

omochie Mon 23-Oct-17 20:05:26

I wouldn’t worry about it too much, children have a very overactive imagination!
I remember when I was little I for sure thought the shadow I could see outside was a werewolf coming to get me. Turned out it was just my mums from the kitchen window lol!

Hope this sets your mind at ease.

moosechops Mon 23-Oct-17 20:10:31

Haha my eldest DD (2.5y) has an imaginary little brother who has to go with us everywhere. He’s been “here” for a good 6 months. I once forgot to take him home from the park and seriously had to go back and pick him up.

Kids are brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now