Is it ok for dogs to go to bed a bit damp?

(10 Posts)
GolightlyMrsGolightly Wed 19-Aug-20 22:19:56

It’s pissing it down. We’ve towel dried her but she won5 tolerate the hairdryer so she’s a bit damp and taken herself off to her bed. Do I need to worry or will she steam herself dry?

OP’s posts: |
cantstopbinging Wed 19-Aug-20 22:22:18

she'll end up licking all the water off anyway if she's anything like my dog smile she'll be fine!

DeeTractor Wed 19-Aug-20 22:24:41

She'll be fine.

StillMedusa Wed 19-Aug-20 22:27:47

Mine is double coated and holds water in her coat for hours.. we just towel off what we can and she sulks til she dries out!

GolightlyMrsGolightly Wed 19-Aug-20 22:44:22

There was a bit of grumpiness while I towelled her.

Floralnomad Wed 19-Aug-20 23:44:04

I always keep one of his coats by the back door so if it’s raining the only bits that get wet are his paws and head , he can’t go to bed damp as he sleeps on the beds .

GolightlyMrsGolightly Thu 20-Aug-20 09:35:47

We are thinking of buying a coat....but I'm not sure about it and I'm not sure she would be either.

Advertisement

Floralnomad Thu 20-Aug-20 09:50:03

We have equafleece coats and jumpers , the one we keep by the door is a polo neck coat so it has good coverage .

Stellaris22 Thu 20-Aug-20 10:05:01

Outs goes to bed a bit damp when it's been raining and she's gone out for her bedtime toilet. She's just noisier because she'll lick herself more.

pigsDOfly Thu 20-Aug-20 14:44:35

My long haired double coated dog's tummy seems to be impossible to dry so she will often have a slightly damp tummy when she goes to bed after her last wee at night.

She's small so even worse that the damp tummy is the small slugs that can attach themselves to her undercarriage.

She knows now that when she comes inside she has to stand still while I dry her paws, give her tummy a wipe and inspect for slugs.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in