Talk

Advanced search

What has happened to Epupz?

(8 Posts)
Queenylaverne Thu 06-Apr-17 23:02:21

I have used this site for years but it seems to have disappeared!
Any one know anything?

CornflakeHomunculus Thu 06-Apr-17 23:45:19

I've no idea what happened to it but these days it's been replaced by Pets4Homes as the advertising site of choice for puppy farmers/BYBs/the well meaning but clueless.

ShinyAsIWannaBe Fri 07-Apr-17 08:31:10

So where do reputable breeders advertise?

Whitney168 Fri 07-Apr-17 08:35:16

Most reputable breeders don't need to advertise, to be honest - they have waiting lists, based on their reputations for breeding sound, healthy, typey dogs.

As advertising sites go, Champdogs is not without fault but is about the best bet, as it does insist on breed appropriate testing results.

CornflakeHomunculus Fri 07-Apr-17 12:14:38

The best way to find reputable breeders is via the breed club (either the national one or relevant regional ones in more popular breeds) of the breed you want.

As Witney says, the best advertising site out there is probably Champdogs, it's not perfect but there are far more decent breeders on there than other sites.

Dogsforever Thu 03-Aug-17 23:38:33

To answer Whitby ALL of the affor mentioned are websites. They can be both good and bad!! I have seen bad breeders (or what we consider bad having shown & bred dogs for over 50 years) on the sitesbwe consider good. I have seen good on the sites we consider bad. To say a good breeder does not need to advertise is silly. We use to have long lists of people waiting, now there is the internet and a society that tend to want things now. Our dogs have fab temperament & do well show/work/companion. My point is look how easy it is for me to say this on a website. The main thing to do is research, research and more research. Do not trust everything you read ALL of the dog websites including the kennel club adverts are written by the advertisers not a 3rd party. You need to spend a lot of time ensuring a breed is for you and a reputable breeder will let you visit to find this out. Not to say they would expect you to waste their time by visiting 10 others. Time is precious both theirs and yours. Check out their temperament both at home and at a show? Can you contact others with a dog from them? What does the contract they wish you to sign say. A good breeder should not want any offspring to end up in rescue and should refer in the contract i.e. they need tobe there for the life of your dog not just as a puppy. Sorry to go on but I hope this helps. AND its a big and NO deposit should be taken until the breeder has met you. There are some bad people out there but also some very good. I hope you have or have had a good search and can enjoy a new puppy in the future.

Dogsforever Thu 03-Aug-17 23:49:59

Oh and just to add, You pay to go on the Kennel Club site, I.e. when you register the puppies you pay a fee and can pay an extra fee for an advert you write. You pay to be on Champdogs, or at least to keep your advert, again that you write. You don't pay on pets4homes as this is paid for by the adverts. But again its your words. Also breeders can have their own websites in their own words.

Ylvamoon Fri 04-Aug-17 00:21:06

AND its a big and NO deposit should be taken until the breeder has met you.

^ made me smile! Having had puppies for sale, I found the crazy internet generation - now, now now! Quite happily pay for a puppy they have never met in order to secure it! They can't be asked to meet puppy, mum and breeder to make sure everything is genuine. I have had several people who happily would have paid me for a puppy a few weeks old and wanting to pick up at 8 weeks. was never an option for any of my puppies It's a crazy heaven for crooks and criminals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now