Talk

Advanced search

Classic Corrie 3

(184 Posts)
Kannet Wed 20-Nov-19 06:18:08

Here you go

SapatSea Sat 23-Nov-19 14:31:52

conofcall interesting. Seems mean to call out the child cators (Chloe and Warren)

What is happening at Deirdre's? I know she reportedly had to suddenly go look after her mother, are TraceyLuv ad Craig living it large in her house?

x2boys Sat 23-Nov-19 15:21:19

I think this was when the actress in real life was being treated for Cancer ?.I don't think TracyLuv and Craig are in it at present ?I think when Deirdre returns she will be going to Morrocco and meeting the lovely Samir!

ConfCall Sat 23-Nov-19 15:31:47

I remember Ken giving Samir a book about the local area. Strange, the things you recall.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Sat 23-Nov-19 18:42:47

Oh yes! I remember Samir blush

I also remember the hoo-hah about the pronunciation of his name.

For the first few weeks, Deirdre (and everyone else) were calling him Shamir until the tabloids got involved, and pointed out that this was incorrect.

Does anyone else remember that? grin

TheSquitz Sat 23-Nov-19 19:40:08

Samir was really hot (my memories may have got a bit warped).

x2boys Sun 24-Nov-19 08:32:18

I didn't think Samir was particularly hot but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose! No.I can't remember the miss pronunciation of his name shall look forward to that storyline 😂

WheresThatCatGoneNow Sun 24-Nov-19 11:20:20

The mispronunciation of his name wasn't part of a storyline, it was just that Deirde started off calling him Shamir, and then suddenly changed it to Samir.

You probably won't notice it when it happens, but the papers were full of it at the time!

TheSquitz Sun 24-Nov-19 12:43:07

In fairness, x2boys I googled Samir and in fact he was the anti-hot. Told ypu my memories were playing tricks. Although compared to Ken...

x2boys Sun 24-Nov-19 12:56:19

Well.yes I suppose compared to Ken anyone would seem hot!grin

justthecat Sun 24-Nov-19 13:26:30

Even Reg ?!!

x2boys Sun 24-Nov-19 14:01:05

True @justthecat, I think I would prefer Percy ( even though he looked just like my Grandad ) over Reg .

SapatSea Sun 24-Nov-19 14:31:35

Reg, is loathesome. Don makes my flesh creep. None of the men on Corrie are alluring. Martin at present is probably the best of a very bad bunch, at least he looks after his DC and shares tasks with Gail.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Sun 24-Nov-19 15:12:57

I definitely wouldn't kick Kevin out of bed, though....

Then and Now blush !!

ConfCall Sun 24-Nov-19 17:14:25

Tracy Brabin as Tricia! Tracy is an MP now. I can’t remember much about her storylines.

x2boys Sun 24-Nov-19 17:28:20

Me neither other than the storyline with Terry Duckworth ...

DangerousCurves Mon 25-Nov-19 15:20:23

Knew I recognised little Jamie, its Eli Dingle

justthecat Mon 25-Nov-19 15:41:20

Wheresthatcatgonenow- I hoped your lust after Kevin has faded, selfish sexist pig dumping Rosie on Sally at work

Rock4please Tue 26-Nov-19 09:46:55

One of the most interesting aspects of CC is the casual everyday sexism and I agree that Kevin is a prime example. Also Derek, a brilliantly authentic character, who has been absolutely vile to Mavis, but still lands her with an unwanted house guest, then leaves her to cook dinner for them after she has been working all day, whilst they go off to the pub.

SapatSea Tue 26-Nov-19 13:54:25

Derek has been so vile to Mavis, blaming her and her intrinsic self for all his woes. Kev is just shouty and horrible too,dumping Rosie on Sally on her first day in new job. Why on earth did Rita like "how they go about their lives?"

I don't envy Emily, I wouldn't want Bernard knocking on my "connecting door."

Had to laugh at Gail getting a GP out for a home visit on a Sunday morning for Sarah Louise's poorly tummy and Martin's "it what they're there for". Dr's) That had long since gone in London.

Redglitter Tue 26-Nov-19 14:30:28

Derek's outburst to Mavis was dreadful. Vera is a far more horrible character than I remember too. The way she ranted at Rita Ivy & Curly this week was ridiculous

x2boys Tue 26-Nov-19 14:46:36

I think. Vera does mellow though ,but yes she is a nasty piece of work , Why on earth is Rita giving Kev and Sally £5,000 I have,nt noticed them being particularly close ?

thenightsky Tue 26-Nov-19 14:55:21

Hurray!!! Norris has arrived. grin

Susiesoap7 Tue 26-Nov-19 16:26:50

Derek treated Mavis terribly, quite abusive, I would have packed his bags and shown him the door!
I love Vera and jack though
Mrs grimes is priceless,

Bluerussian Tue 26-Nov-19 16:50:47

I agree Derek was really obnoxious to Mavis but today he seems to have put things right.

The guy who was selling Derek the idea of selling stuff to people (a bit like Bettaware I suppose) - does anyone know who played him? He looks familiar to me.

Smelly50 Tue 26-Nov-19 17:08:03

Was he in bad girls ??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »