Talk

Advanced search

Don't tell the bride

(27 Posts)
Kadyna Wed 31-Jan-18 22:11:30

Tonights episode:Sofia and Craig
Did anybody else think Sofia is a spoiled brat who ruined the wedding for everyone? What a prissy little princess!!

CandleWithHair Wed 31-Jan-18 22:20:15

Total car crash! Has she never watched the show before?? I wasn’t loving his ideas but her reaction to it all was awful. I’m assuming they’re not going to be making that ceremony official any time soon (or at least I hope not!)

LemonRedwood Wed 31-Jan-18 22:23:21

Neither of them seemed to have heard of the word compromise, which is fairly important in a marriage. I did feel quite sorry for him though and when she swatted his face with the honey that was when "spoiled brat" was confirmed for me.

Completely not surprised that they didn't make it legal.

OakIsBetterTho Wed 31-Jan-18 22:27:31

She may well have been a bit spoiled but he was thoroughly unpleasant, and so selfish. I couldn't blame her at all for going a bit mad. £2k on a stag in Prague while she gets sent down to the local then to a brewery when she doesn't even like beer?! Nah. I wouldn't want to marry someone so selfish either.

Rhodielicious Wed 31-Jan-18 23:08:05

Omg I only saw the beginning and end of the episode and I'm still curled up in cringe! I can't believe they said their vows, oh it was so awful!

Badweekjustgotworse Wed 31-Jan-18 23:19:18

that poor guy when she smeared the honey on his face! I'm all for women not having to go through with anything for the sake of others feelings but she'd have been much better just saying no to the marriage but lets just have a party and talk it all through later. doing the vows and then insulting him like that was fucking awful shock

Sunsational Thu 01-Feb-18 19:28:55

She was AWFUL shock

Jb291 Thu 01-Feb-18 19:57:20

I actually felt so sorry for her. He and his absurd best man made it clear throughout that their priorities were beer partying and an expensive piss up in Prague. At no point did he genuinely stop to think about her and what she might have wanted. I just think every episode is the same and the bride always ends up having to get married in an ugly dress in an unsuitable venue all so that the groom and his groomsmen can have a piss up abroad, take the wedding at the pig farm or the wedding in Vegas as examples.

Lucydean22 Thu 01-Feb-18 21:34:10

I don't watch the show but I saw a link of ladbible on Facebook and it looked like it really went off a storm and I'm not going to lie I know Sofia she is a mate of mine I rarely talk to her but I saw the brief information and I was just so speechless 🙈 I still am

waspandbees Thu 01-Feb-18 23:28:07

Most cringe episode ever

highinthesky Thu 01-Feb-18 23:31:15

Gotta watch it grin

Crispbutty Thu 01-Feb-18 23:34:51

We watched it last night. I switched between feeling sorry for her to thinking what a misery she was by the end of it. His best mate was a real shit stirrer though.

SueVide Thu 01-Feb-18 23:41:09

He should have married his best man as it was obvious that he planned the wedding for him rather than his bride.

She might be a bit spoilt but who plans a beer festival Oktoberfest wedding for a bride who dislikes beer. Especially as his beery hen went down badly.

To be honest I'm surprised so many brides go through with the legal wedding when the grooms seem to be completely selfish manchildren.

Lucydean22 Thu 01-Feb-18 23:51:00

I just watched it and I have to say if they been together 8 years he should of known that she doesn't like beer. I don't really talk to her that much and I knew that. Her sense of style is exactly the same as me. But my friend Sofia has a point though if they been together 8 years he should know what she's into and what she's not into. I don't think it's really her having a tantrum because she's not getting her own way because krayg only did it his way and not thought about how she would want it. Weddings are meant to be a joint thing but that episode you could definitely see how one sided it was. I mean he planned it all around beers. I know some of you think she is spoilt but I know her and she is such a lovely girl and she is a great mum. I feel so sorry for her as that build up should of been great for her as well as him. I mean come on think about not many girls like beer do we

GeorgieBoy95 Fri 02-Feb-18 09:41:36

Watched this car crash last night... I think she would be mad to actually marry him. He was incredibly selfish and didn't think about her at all.

I'm amazed they have 2 children and been together so long - they seem really unsuited. It's all well and good having a big drinking party for your wedding but there were young kids there, and older relatives. He thought only of himself.

And the hen and stag were a joke. The hens were on the bus for two hours to get to that brewery!!

Her wedding dress was revolting! It's the first episode I've seen where the bride refuses to even put it on.

Maybe she had to go through the service because of the tv program? And the honey thing was her making a point?

Winteriscoming18 Fri 02-Feb-18 09:49:11

The double standards on here calling the bride a brat could you imagine her Aibu

My bf is planning our wedding themed around beef even though I don’t like beer, my hen do was also beer themed and he went abroad with his friends I went to the brewery . To add insult to injury my bridesmaids dresses were fancy dress and he couldn’t be bothered to get my a proper wedding dress.

I really fell for her she is human and has feelings and he was clearly making a fool out of her. Her dress was a joke and the bridemaids dresses hmm he couldn’t even get the basic things right. I also think the best mate was a shit stirring and it was an event themed for them to party not to celebrate the bride and grooms marriage. I’m not surprised she didn’t make it legal.

Roomba Fri 02-Feb-18 09:53:21

Not surprised she refused to make it legal, he showed a total disregard for her wishes and likes.

I don't really understand why anyone goes on this program anyway, aside from the free wedding and 15 minutes of fame aspects. Even worse are the 'married at first sight' type shows. The lad who lived in the flat below mine appeared on an ITV program called 'Surprise Wedding' about 15 years ago. He thought he was going to be on a completely different program then his girlfriend proposed to him and they were married minutes later! Okay, so he knew her, but they'd not been going out long. They spent all their time arguing whole she screamed abuse at him and threw crockery around by the sound of it. And then she pressured him into marrying her by surprise just because they got a week in Barbados out of it. You'll be shocked to hear they split up very acrimoniously within 3 months. Last I hard he'd had to move abroad to escape her stalking him. Who thought that would be a good idea at ITV?

Lucydean22 Fri 02-Feb-18 09:57:08

@GeorgieBoy95 @Winteriscoming18 I have been speaking with her and in all fairness she still feels absolutely embarrassed not only with the fact of how it was planned out but with the fact it's all over social media and the daily papers but this was filmed from summer last year and she has mentioned that things are going back on track. But I'm glad you two agree because I've said to her and also said on here that if they have been together for that long then he should of known her likes and dislikes and respected that and went with something that connects with both of them. Yeah they do like to go out or have a good party but that beach wedding would of been perfect for both of them because that was right up their ally but krayg was only clearly thinking of himself and his best man as his best man was just being all negative about Sofia and putting words into kraygs head

Winteriscoming18 Fri 02-Feb-18 10:09:21

I’m surprised she’s still with him after all that carry on Lucy be mugged her off on TV.

Violletta Fri 02-Feb-18 18:08:16

watching it now - it feels like they dont even know each other and the most important thing about them was the day...? I was surprised to see a child there, but then thought maybe from another relationship

i know its all in the cutting - and the manipulation of the couples
www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-feature/581430/dont-tell-the-bride-e4-viewers-shocked-as-secrets-about-show-exposed

Violletta Fri 02-Feb-18 18:09:04

"What would we be surprised to learn about being on DTTB?
Sometimes the producers deliberately make things difficult for the grooms! For example, Andrew was furious that I was handed the bill at my hen do! He was told that the hens pay for themselves and wasn’t allowed to put money toward it. Andrew was so upset when he found out it had been made to look like he had planned for me to be landed with that bill!

Also, the grooms have to wait for clearance before they can buy anything at all, because at no point do they actually have contact with the money. When I got home after the wedding, I found so many notes with all his great ideas on. Festival wristbands as invitations, fireworks, welly boots for all the guests, but he said you just can’t fit it all in because of the constant wait for clearance."

www.weddingideasmag.com/ever-wondered-how-dont-tell-the-bride-works-behind-the-scenes-well-heres-your-answer/

Isadora2007 Fri 02-Feb-18 21:05:27

I can’t believe she was ever going to marry someone called Krayg hmm

Mooey89 Fri 02-Feb-18 23:40:35

I watched the whole thing through my fingers it was so uncomfortable - the registrar just looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her up!

I thought that the whole way through she was saying things like ‘well I just won’t go’ ‘I can’t see that I’m going to like it so I just won’t go’

It’s your wedding not the party of an unpleasant relative - I think she was looking for an excuse not to go through with it, she wanted to pin it on him so he was the bad guy. That ceremony I just felt so bad for him, just awful.

Yes some of the stuff was selfish and it wasn’t what I would have wanted but none of the weddings on DTTB are!

Polarbearflavour Sat 03-Feb-18 19:42:01

I read somewhere that they aren’t together any more.

It seems daft that the marriage ceremonies aren’t actually legal and are just for the camera. The couples have to go to a registry office afterwards to actually get married!

She did seem very whiny but he wasn’t much better! Car crash television viewing!

Lunettesloupes Thu 08-Feb-18 06:32:08

He paid £700 for that dress...?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: