Talk

Advanced search

What next for Olivia Colman and David Tennant? Cast them here in your perfect production...

(15 Posts)
VanillaSugar Mon 17-Apr-17 22:24:37

I say they should reunite again in "Much Ado About Nothing" - Beatrice and Benedick.

C'mon, indulge me with your whimsical and fantasy casting creativity! got to do something now that Broadchurch has finished

VanillaSugar Tue 18-Apr-17 00:42:47

Don't mind the tumbleweed...💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨

GinSwigmore Tue 18-Apr-17 01:00:54

Hi Vanilla
I would cast them alongside one more actor (possibly David Mitchell) in stage versions of Talking It Over/Love etc (Julian Barnes).
I read the latter and thought of Colman/Mitchell/Webb actually (Stuart is nerdy, Oliver is pretentious)
but David could do the Oliver role easily. Or he could be the nerd and Russell Brand could do the flamboyance.
David has done Much Ado already with Catherine Tate hasn't he?

GinSwigmore Tue 18-Apr-17 01:04:30

^those books afaik have never been adapted for stage but it's a classic
love triangle. Someone ought to do it.

VanillaSugar Tue 18-Apr-17 07:25:14

Oh yes, you're right, he did. I think OC would make a perfect Beatrice though!

Iwantacampervan Tue 18-Apr-17 07:48:31

OC as the new Doctor with the orange coat as her outfit and DT has a role (may be in an epsiode set on a deserted beach in Dorset) along with his wife, father in law and mother in law - that would confuse the 'space time continuum' .

hackmum Tue 18-Apr-17 09:26:36

Gin - I love those two Julian Barnes books. Have often wondered why they didn't make them into a film (actually, perhaps they did and I missed it). Not sure about DT but I think Olivia Colman would be good and yes, possibly Mitchell and Webb.

GinSwigmore Tue 18-Apr-17 14:14:56

^the first book was adapted into a film with Charlotte Gainsbourg but I haven't seen it. Confusingly it's called Love etc.
David can do charismatic: is getting decent reviews for Don Juan at the moment. He can also do sociopath (was in a trashy stalkery series ages ago). He's versatile for a pretty boy wink
But yes, I read Love etc and thought of peep show Gillian Sophie Stuart Mark at his nerdiest Oliver Jeremy at his wankiest
David Mitchell can act well, he can certainly do bitter/two-faced (Sure Mark was secretly plotting a lot of the time).
I might revisit those books this week.

AlessandroVasectomi Tue 18-Apr-17 19:34:23

I'd like to see them in a new version of Carshare

Clawdy Tue 18-Apr-17 19:59:13

Anyone remember a romcom drama series on tv years ago, called My Wife Next Door? They would be perfect in a re- make.

Handbaghag Wed 19-Apr-17 07:44:03

DT can do charismatic.. Ever see Casanova?

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Wed 19-Apr-17 08:00:03

Vanilla - did you see the Tennant/Tate Much Ado after they were in Doctor Who together? It was very funny.

VanillaSugar Wed 19-Apr-17 10:18:22

No I didn't - LOVE DT but I find CT a bit annoying.

VanillaSugar Wed 19-Apr-17 10:18:35

No I didn't - LOVE DT but I find CT a bit annoying.

polyhymnia Wed 19-Apr-17 17:49:28

I can't stand Catherine Tate but did see her Much Ado with DT and have to admit whole thing was funny, including her - though OC would have given a much subtler and moving performance I'm sure.

Have seen DT in Don Juan and he can certainly do charismatic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now