Talk

Advanced search

I've just finished The Sopranos (possible spoilers)

(12 Posts)
Berrrrynaughtyboy Fri 11-Mar-16 10:51:10

And I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Don't Stop Believin' again without having a wee tear in my eye <someone give me a grip>

I was hooked after the first five minutes and I wasn't bored once which is really unusual for me. I usually give up on boxsets too easily.

I don't think anything sinister happened to Tony but I'm so sad it's over and it'll never be back. James Gandolfini was fantastic.

MissTessmacher Fri 11-Mar-16 10:52:50

Best TV show of all time. No question. And the finale was perfect.

Do what I do and just start again at Ep1. Think I'm on my 6th watch through grin.

Berrrrynaughtyboy Fri 11-Mar-16 10:59:39

It really was perfect. The whole 6 seasons were perfect.

I'm going buy the boxsets later today. Sky have been rude and deleted it from the boxsets angry

mouldycheesefan Fri 11-Mar-16 11:01:36

It's a sad day when you finish sopranos.
What is your next box set?

Berrrrynaughtyboy Fri 11-Mar-16 11:11:21

It really is! We just sat in silence for ages after the screen went black.

It'll be The Walking Dead I think.It's DP's turn to pick.

Fugghetaboutit Fri 11-Mar-16 11:12:48

Ah I want to watch it again now! Been a few years. Why isn't it on Netflix?!

Berrrrynaughtyboy Fri 11-Mar-16 12:35:23

I really wish it was. I'm desperate to watch the episode where Paulie and Christopher are lost in the woods.

oldlaundbooth Fri 11-Mar-16 12:42:10

Sopranos is the best of it's kind.

The casting, script, cinematography and continuity is brilliant.

Tony drinks from the same cup in the Soprano's kitchen but in different seasons, it's as if they are an actual, real family!

Carmela is beyond perfect in her role, amazing.

My favourite characters are Kriss-toffffer, Adriana and Silvio.

Fave episode is Pine Barrens, season 3. I always watch it at Christmas, it's hilarious!

oldlaundbooth Fri 11-Mar-16 12:43:22

Berry that's the episode I'm talking about! grin

MissTessmacher Fri 11-Mar-16 12:48:46

I don't think Edie Falco gwys anywhere enough praise for her performance. I find Carmella absolutely compelling.

Tony and Carmela have that huge fight in the pool boys in the S4 finale, Whitecaps and it is honestly some of the best acting I've ever seen in my life. Goosebumps every time.

Pine Barrens is great ("Interior Decorator?? His apartment looked like shit") grin grin

Well I know what I'm doing tonight now!

Berrrrynaughtyboy Fri 11-Mar-16 13:19:40

You're right oldlaundbooth, all the little things make it so real and the boring, everyday chats (broken coffee machine etc) make you feel like you're watching a real family.

Edie Falco is flawless as Carmela. I love everything about it.

Buscake Fri 11-Mar-16 13:30:18

Ooh it's just the best! I'm watching it through for the fifth time at the mo grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now