Talk

Advanced search

How to dress small boys for a wedding?

(11 Posts)
ttalloo Thu 20-Aug-09 23:04:17

Help! My sister's getting married in late September and I've just belatedly realised that I need to get suitable outfits for DS 1 (2.6 years) and DS 2 (10 months). DS1, assuming he fancies it on the day, is to be a ring bearer so his outfit needs to be smarter than DS2's, although I'd like them to look similar. I have no idea what to put them in, though, and wandering round the internet hasn't helped - all I can find are shiny tuxedos, twee sailor suits and an awful lot of polyester. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

MinkyBorage Thu 20-Aug-09 23:10:05

Hmmm, can't they just wear a shirt and trousers? I'd be tempred by these sort of things:
www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/46812421&bklist=icat,5,shop,children,babyboy,babyboytrousers
www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/82833128&bklist=icat,5,shop,children,babyboy,babyboyshirts

MinkyBorage Thu 20-Aug-09 23:10:18

tempted

serant Thu 20-Aug-09 23:21:16

try m&s lovley little cotton pants, shirt & waistcoat..£25

blithedance Thu 20-Aug-09 23:23:46

The linen shirt and waistcoat look is good on little boys at weddings - maybe with velveteen trousers?

Add this to minky's link

specialmagiclady Thu 20-Aug-09 23:30:38

Gaaah - the waistcoat thing makes my eyes bleed! (sorry - it does, though)

I would go for a knitted tank top personally. Check out the French sites - vertbaudet.co.uk - for stuff that's cheap and a bit smarter than usual.

Or if you're feeling flush... might get something at TK Maxx, they v.g. for smarter wear

ttalloo Thu 20-Aug-09 23:32:32

Thanks very much, ladies! Call me ignorant, but I had no idea that Monsoon do boys' clothing - and I love minky's and blithe's suggestions from there. Looks as if I can heave a sigh of relief......!

Pannacotta Thu 20-Aug-09 23:37:33

When we have gone to weddings I have dressed the DSs in plain linen trousers with white or softly striped tops and linen waistcoats from Monsoon. They look very angelic (not that they are in the least bit angelic!).

Might be worth posting a wanted ad on here as you could prob get outfits for a fraction of the cost new.
Think I have a few bits left myself if you're interested.

GrapefruitMoon Fri 21-Aug-09 10:23:56

Take a look at M&S Autograph range for boys. Don't know if they are doing suitable stuff at the moment but I got a great outfit for my ds for a family wedding a couple of months ago.

GrapefruitMoon Fri 21-Aug-09 10:25:44

What I got was a summer version of

this

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Fri 21-Aug-09 13:33:27

My wedding the 3 boys (small do) wore things like this in different colours from various shops looked lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now