Talk

Advanced search

Hush Christmas - its a slipper-y slope and a ding dong meryl-y on high :)!

(1000 Posts)
Alwaysasparklymoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 11:14:03

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/a3418441-Here-are-the-Hushistas-counting-down-for-a-Very-Meryl-y-festive-season?msgid=82793854#82793854

Welcome everyone one!!!

neveradullmoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 21:07:57

I like that skirt. I see that they have a pinafore in the same print. Are there sizes true to size?

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 21:23:55

@neveradullmoment99 I find Tu a bit variable. So I have a few pairs of their jeans and they are quite small so I size up. Likewise the knitwear. But tops (T shirts, Blouses etc) and dresses seem true to size. So maybe order two sizes and return one.

NotAnActualSheep Fri 23-Nov-18 21:25:09

I know what you mean about not knowing what to wear under long cardigans! I tend to wear them over dresses instead of a jacket. Or just a long sleeved T, or short T with a thermal top or something under..depending on level of freezing-ness. I get confused with coats, as they either feel too bulky, or stick out under the bottom of the coat... I usually end up using them instead of a coat, but that does limit their usefulness. That faces T is great though, but I know it seems silly to buy something specifically for something that should be such a versatile item!

I think sainsburys is on the large side of true-to-size... sort of an m and s sizing rather than topshop! The tops seem more generous than the bottoms to me, but that could just be that my bottom is a bit more generous than it should be... (they used to be enormous. I've got size 8 tops from a few years ago that still fit me - but they've calmed down a bit since then.) I didn't see the pinafore in my store, but they had a navy cord pinafore that looked nice and a good weight cord.

twosoups1972 Fri 23-Nov-18 21:54:56

@notanactualsheep eh? What email?

NotAnActualSheep Fri 23-Nov-18 22:10:54

I must have signed up for a weekly(?) email at some point of various recommendations...today's headlines protected species coats (among other things), and you are quoted as liking them grin.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 22:18:12

You know @ella that I have still to wear my faces tee!!! I honestly keep forgetting I have it! Its in my wardrobe but its over to ones side and inbetween other things so I constantly miss it.
As for the long sabrina, I tend to wear mine over the wide jersey tops. I usually put on my skinny jeans, a longline hush vest, my wide jersey top and over that my sabrina. I kind of wear it like a coat. I have put it under my parka and it does hang down but not that much and if it the same length as my dress [ like the cassie] Its ok. I would wear it over a jumper as a coat too with a large scarf esp if jumping in and out of the car. If you don't want to wear it hanging down then what I do is wear my jacket and put it in my bag and take it to work and put it on instead of my jacket for the day. Ive worm my charcoal one a lot.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 22:20:10

It can get cold in my class so its handy. I am also in separate building to the main school so its perfect for jumping in and out of the main building for lunch/break time.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 22:20:43

Ive worn the olive one less but that's to be expected as its a definite colour but I absolutely love both.

PorpoisefullyObtuse Sat 24-Nov-18 00:25:41

Hello! Ella I blooming love that dress. I think we are similar of and shoulder and I know it would suit me down to the ground. Need to get to Sainsbury’s. Went into house of Fraser today and bought the leggings. Need to find pics of other bits I bought. Had a complete mint velvet worry. So much lovely stuff.

PorpoisefullyObtuse Sat 24-Nov-18 00:26:35

www.johnlewis.com/mint-velvet-feather-layer-knit-jumper-black/p3779436?sku=237760345&s_kwcid=2dx92700036548355521&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI98O9pOLr3gIVK5PtCh3f_Q6eEAQYASABEgI3Y_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This over the coated leggings. Cosy and gorgeous.

PorpoisefullyObtuse Sat 24-Nov-18 00:30:03

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/product/black-star-print-trapeze-dress/18249?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1PH60OLr3gIVgbHtCh3eJgTdEAQYDCABEgJA1vD_BwE

This is much nicer on me than the model... true to size on me and skims beautifully over my busy and cinches at the waist. Think if needs curves.

PorpoisefullyObtuse Sat 24-Nov-18 00:33:52

I also bought an over size cream blouse thang which looks beyond wonderful with the leggings. Might pop it on tomorrow simply because it’s lush.

PorpoisefullyObtuse Sat 24-Nov-18 00:36:23

m.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/jackets-coats-2390889/leopard-faux-fur-coat-8044701?dual-run=topshop.com&geoip=noredirect&cmpid=ppc_pla_UK_ip&utm_medium=cpc&tsrc=vdna&istCompanyId=38aa0d7f-6514-4cb3-bbdc-df0d32d48b7f&istItemId=-alrwmrmwm&istBid=tztx&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImYCwj-Tr3gIVyrvtCh134AMEEAQYFSABEgJj1vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My mum insisted I needed this. It’s much nicer with my pared down style than this pic shows. It’s the loveliest cosy thang ever. Unfortunately it’s my Christmas present so a few weeks until I get my paws on it.

Talisin Sat 24-Nov-18 05:51:56

I love that MV trapeze dress, Porpoise, been lusting after it for ages!

Ellapaella Sat 24-Nov-18 08:07:34

@PorpoisefullyObtuse hello!
I love all your buys but I have to say that TopShop coat is amazing! I absolutely love that, you must post a picture when you get it at Christmas. I also have a faux fur coat coming for Christmas that my Mum bought for me when we were shopping together recently, it's a dark red one. I put it on in the shop and didn't want to take it off, she loved it as well and so got it as my Xmas present so I won't get mine until the big day either.

Then MV dress is lovely too - it actually looks quite similar in print to the Sainsburys one. That seems like a very successful shopping trip you had there!

Ellapaella Sat 24-Nov-18 08:09:32

Re cream blouse - definitely will go well with the pleather leggings. I've been wearing my cream long line cami from the summer with mine with a cardigan over the top and I think it looks fab (if I do say so myself).

Ellapaella Sat 24-Nov-18 08:13:34

Sorry for multiple posts - I bought This in Wallis yesterday to wear with the MV leggings (and coated skinnies when I get them). It's along enough to cover my bum which is essential in leggings for me.

Ellapaella Sat 24-Nov-18 09:16:27

Can we do a 'what are you wearing today?'
I'm off out with DC to an early birthday party and am wearing my new Wallis top and MV leggings. Feeling very festive and sparkly!

DavetheCat2001 Sat 24-Nov-18 09:17:48

That's lovely @ellapaella...is it nice and soft and not scratchy at all?

What size did you go for (tempted)?

Do you have a pic of you in it?

DavetheCat2001 Sat 24-Nov-18 09:20:14

ha you read my mind! It looks lovely..I may be tempted.....

I'm in my pj's still..had a pretty sleepless night with DC as DS is going through a 'night terror' phase and won't go to bed, and ended up in with me last night, and DD was up about 5-6 times for various reasons..I had very little sleep confused

Taking DS to his swimming lesson a bit later, and then over to a friends for the afternoon for Christmas crafting and dinner (and wine for us!)

OH is away this weekend so I am flying solo!

DavetheCat2001 Sat 24-Nov-18 09:58:49

I decided on my Hush Raven dress, and purple cable knit tights.

ilovecherries Sat 24-Nov-18 10:10:45

I’m off to Edinburgh to meet some old work colleagues for a pre Xmas lunch. Wearing next coated leggings, wide green top (with heatgen underneath!), sparkly earrings, double star necklace, big silver bangle, fly boots, red boyfriend coat from New Look last year. Short pixie hair (blonde), big scarf, coach hobo bag.

justforareply Sat 24-Nov-18 10:11:28

What are the tu sizes like please? I love that dress ellapaella was wearing!

namastayinbed Sat 24-Nov-18 10:30:44

ella where are your trainers from? Love them.

dontcallmelen Sat 24-Nov-18 10:43:31

Catch up in a bit, I’m still in pjs, dressing gown, socks & blanket with a box of tissues handy, still being pathetic.
Yeahy Never is back, was most discombobulated with the name change😂

This thread is not accepting new messages.