Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What moisturiser/day cream do you use?

(23 Posts)
SunFinished Thu 26-Oct-17 16:24:41

And why?
I had a great one as a gift containing retinol which I’ve looked up and is way way expensive. Looking for recommendations as I’m mid to late 30’s, generally good skin, fair if that matters and normal (not too dry or too oily)

Baileystruffle Thu 26-Oct-17 16:44:38

Currently using Simple with spf 30 day cream as I want one with a high spf and its cheap.
Having had a closer look at some of the ingredients thouh I'm not super happy with it so will change it soon.

Am looking at the following but haven't decided which yet-
The body shop with vitamin C spf 30 face cream
Kiehls ultra facial moisturiser spf 30
Kimberley Sayer Ultra light facial moisturiser spf 30
Or Eucerin daily protection face lotion spf 30.

Quite like the thought of the body shop one as it contains vitamin C.

AnaViaSalamanca Thu 26-Oct-17 17:28:42

I thought retinol is better during the night? You use it in day cream?
Anyway, I use biotherm, the green one, aquasource I think. And before that sunday riley tidal. Both are good. On top I put Nars tinted moisturizer.

Dunzo Thu 26-Oct-17 17:31:03

I use Rosehip Oil. Switched about 4 months ago and it has changed my life. No more acne! I adore it. Cheap, easy to use.

I look fairly youthful anyway so I'm not sure about the anti-ageing properties but I feel great in my skin now and regularly don't wear makeup.

mrslebon Thu 26-Oct-17 18:15:34

I use the Eucerin Hyaluron Filler Light Day Cream and am on my third bottle. It goes on well, blends easily and I can apply make-up pretty quickly afterwards.

Shop Thu 26-Oct-17 21:07:52

Dunzo what other products do you use?

MountainDweller Fri 27-Oct-17 01:41:46

At the moment I’m using up some samples from last years M&S advent calendar. I’m liking the origins ginzing moisturiser in the morning because it smells lovely and soak in quickly so I don’t have to wait too long before I put make up on. In the evening (not from the calendar) I use Brit beauty oil by skin & tonic which also smells lovely followed by Neal’s Yard frankincense moisturiser, both feel lovely on my skin. Since I started using the oil instead of a serum my dry patches have disappeared.

Fairylea Fri 27-Oct-17 07:32:25

I’m 37. I use Sunsense facial suncreen every day (spf 50, availabile on Amazon) mixed with Olay daily moisturiser. At night time I use the cheapest Nivea night moisturiser, I can’t remember the specific name, it’s in the blue pot.

Fairylea Fri 27-Oct-17 07:33:15

Meant to add I use the high sunscreen as having worked for Clinique and then Chanel for 15 years I had it drummed into me how important good year round sunscreen is to prevent ageing.

Ktown Fri 27-Oct-17 07:34:08

Olay spf 15 beauty fluid
I like high end stuff too, but this is less than a fiver and is full of glycerin and niacinamide and I love it.

LoniceraJaponica Fri 27-Oct-17 07:37:12

Boots no 7 Protect and Perfect. Next lot is The Bodyshop vitamin E cream. I love both and have used them for years.

Surely you don't need SPF50 at this time of year in the UK?

ninnynono Fri 27-Oct-17 07:37:30

Early 30s here. I use serphora moisturizing cream. I read that it's best to invest in a good serum. So use clarins double serum before the moisturizer. Finish with body shop spf 50.

LoniceraJaponica Fri 27-Oct-17 07:37:52

I have combination skin BTW. Nivea is a grease slick on my skin.

ninnynono Fri 27-Oct-17 07:38:33

And to pp, yes an spf 50 should be used all year round.

Fairylea Fri 27-Oct-17 07:41:10

The sun is out all year round even when it’s cloudy so yes you do need a high spf all year round (take vitamin D capsules if you’re worried about not getting vitamin D). Also the sunsense one for me is a great primer / base so I really enjoy using it anyway for that reason too.

Greenteandchives Fri 27-Oct-17 07:42:49

I use Kiehls Ultra in the day, because it feels lovely to put on. And M andd S Sleep cream at night that is supposed to work miracles. I bought this because of all the hype and I am gullible. 😀

MiriAmmerman Fri 27-Oct-17 07:44:19

Much less high end than everyone else, but I use Aldi’s Lacura Q10 day and night creams. Day cream is SPF 20. They are about £1.19 a pot and I love them (they’re nicer than the Nivea they are copying).

Just thought I’d throw that in there in case anyone is reading the thread looking for ideas on a low budget.

Am reading everyone else’s with interest though - I’m 32, but having my ovaries removed in a couple of weeks (long story) so am about to hit the menopause in a big way. Concerned that my skin might need something more heavy duty after that.

BusterGonad Fri 27-Oct-17 08:34:25

I've just started a new regime using Decleor, I've got the Hydra Floral Rich day cream and in the evening I use the Iris Night Balm which I just adore! I need to get a decent eye cream too which I'm still deciding on! I usually use cheap and cheerful stuff such as Astral which is great, but I've been feeling a bit old and frumpy and had a few extra £ and thought it'll cheer me up. I bought it on QVC so the set was truly a bargain compared to individual prices.

LoniceraJaponica Fri 27-Oct-17 08:36:06

What does eye cream do that a facial moisturiser can't? I have used eye creams, but can't tell the difference.

BusterGonad Fri 27-Oct-17 09:04:57

Eye creams are formulated for the thinner skin around your eyes, it's debatable if you need a special eye cream, I get milia around my eyes if I use something too thick. At the moment I'm using the day and night balms but I'm worried that they are making my eyes puffy!

Dunzo Fri 27-Oct-17 11:12:03

shop I don't use anything else except superdrug hot cloth cleanser at night to remove makeup. Rosehip oil in the morning and evening, tiny amounts go a long way.

It's not for everyone - DH saw my results and tried it but couldn't get along with it. I'm lucky though, after 20 years of problem skin I feel like life has changed for me.

I don't use SPF. I have an office job in October in Scotland so I don't see much daylight! If I was abroad or sitting out in summer I would use normal sunscreen.

BulletFox Fri 27-Oct-17 11:23:50

Personally Bliss ultimate protection uv moisturiser.

I think it's utterly brilliant but as I was sent it as a gift and its £££ I'm not sure I would repurchase as I don't expect to psy more than £12 on a day moisturiser.

ScabbyHorse Fri 27-Oct-17 11:32:00

Miri Ammerman
I like the Aldi ones too. Superdrug facial oil is good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now