Talk

Advanced search

Sandals for collapsed arches and tailors bunions?!?

(13 Posts)
Orange80 Mon 15-May-17 05:33:13

What do I wear in the summertime? I have some double strap Birkenstocks, but the strap gives me a bruise on the top of my foot sad

Is there anything I can wear??

I know I prob need to go back and see the podiatrist...

Orange80 Mon 15-May-17 08:00:30

Bump

Clickncollect Mon 15-May-17 23:24:14

I have bunions and have recently bought a couple of pairs of Saltwater sandals and they are really comfy and cover the bunions nicely! Not sure about the collapsed arches though...

Orange80 Tue 16-May-17 02:10:48

I love the style of those sandals, click, but sadly I don't think they have arch support 😭

Damn my crazy feet. I blame wearing heels every single day from about the age of 14 until 30!

Euphemia Tue 16-May-17 06:48:29

Have you tried Moshulu?

They do various styles and some Birkies-alikes, but tend to be lighter.

rizlett Tue 16-May-17 06:58:30

I thought the cause of flat feet was genetic - same as with tailors bunions - so maybe it wasn't your high heeling at all?

My son has flat feet - he's not worn high heels - to my knowledge. grin

I have tailors bunions - same as my mum - have you tried birken-head style shoes with a toe post? I also wear fitflops, croc flip flops and some clarkes sandals are good too.

Crackedidiot Tue 16-May-17 08:17:35

Fit flops are so comfortable for my toes and once I walk about wearing them I aso find my back aches much less too. But the trick is to get them to fit you.

I find the strap really restrictive and its taken me several weeks of indoor wear to be able to stand the pressure on my instep. Happily it seems to have settled in now so its worth the time and effort taken.

Incidentally,I got a size up first due to the tight strap but they are much too long and trip me up .The correct size just took longer to get used to.

Orange80 Tue 16-May-17 08:26:57

Ooh these are great suggestions, thank you!
riz - I didn't realise collapsed arches were genetic! Feel better about my heel-wearing days grin least I got to enjoy them for 15 years! Haha

Am looking at fit flops and moshulu right now...

Will also head to Clarks! I went in there for my DS recently and noticed they had some nice ladies' shoes! You may have saved my summer feet from being locked away in trainers with special insoles! grin

Bloosh Tue 16-May-17 08:36:52

Fit flops are brilliant for feet.

Orange80 Tue 16-May-17 13:10:27

bloosh it's great to hear that! I always used to think of them as sort of a con as they started off as those "weight loss shoes", didn't they?

Reading about them now makes me think they'll actually be good for your feet - which is what I want! Supportive shoes that don't hurt!

Bloosh Tue 16-May-17 17:41:03

I've had Achilles problem - couldn't believe the difference when I wore Fit Flops for a week while on holiday. I'm going to get some of the trainer-like ones as well as my sandals.

bananafish81 Tue 16-May-17 18:21:33

Vionics

The Sahara sandal is nice http://www.vionicshoes.co.uk/women/sandals/sahara.html

Orange80 Tue 16-May-17 19:15:54

Ooh fab - which model of fit flops sandals would those who have them recommend?

banana - love the look of that Sahara sandal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now