Talk

Advanced search

Primark Make up?

(45 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Mon 10-Apr-17 11:54:54

I've heard a lot about Primark make up - especially their foundation, it's supposed to be quite good? Anyone tried it? If so what's your thoughts? Any recommendations on what to buy & what not to?!

Fishfingersandwich9 Mon 10-Apr-17 15:44:31

I have tried it! I bought the whole range to test out what was good and what wasn't. The foundation was top of the pack and I also got a beauty blender which was better than my actual original beauty blender for a tiny fraction of the price. I did a little video here in case you're interested. youtu.be/Db3owAXVp1E

smurfy2015 Mon 10-Apr-17 16:17:35

I dont wear much make up or very often but when i do, i like the foundation mouuse which is like rimmel but cheaper

Actually last week i bought a complete overhaul of make up, including nail polish, brushes etc from Poundland so if you are on a budget, i would suggest taking a look in there too. I got a blending foundation brush, powder brush, tube of foundation, stick of concealer, powder compack, lipstick, 3 nail varnishes, eyeliner at £1 each so worth a peep

Missmac84 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:32:11

Fishfingersandwich:
Are you self taught or have you studied beauty? I feel I'm too lazy to spend that amount of time on makeup as it never looks the way I want it anyway!!

Fishfingersandwich9 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:38:55

Half and half missmac - I'm not a professional by any means but did a makeup nvq for fun because I love it! I don't mind spending time as it's my relaxation!

Missmac84 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:44:11

Well I'll be taking some tips from your video on applying my foundation as it looked flawless!! xx

Fishfingersandwich9 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:54:00

Thank you! It really is a very good foundation! I have quite a few high end ones and wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test.

PhyllisWig Mon 10-Apr-17 19:58:16

I have lipstick and nail varnish. All around a quid I think and just as good as your revlon/L'Oréal type stuff imo.

StealingYourWiFi Mon 10-Apr-17 20:04:28

I've been using the £3 matte foundation for a couple of weeks now and it's fantastic. Absolutely on par with MAC studio fix fluid. I also love the matte lipglosses, lip crayons, lip liners and highlighter. The mascara in the silver tube has also replaced my Benefit one. I've been very impressed!

ChocolateSherberts2017 Mon 10-Apr-17 20:29:30

What colour ranges do they have in the foundation? I have medium asian complexion with yellow under tones.

Fishfingersandwich9 Mon 10-Apr-17 20:55:35

I think the range of colours might be their downfall - they only had 5 from memory. But they ranged from quite light to quite dark so you might get lucky. Just hope there are still some intact testers when you look - it's hot or miss!

youvegottobekidding Tue 11-Apr-17 12:03:35

Thanks for that Fishfinger... I got the foundation & beauty blender & agree with you, pretty good, although the foundation is just a tad on the pale side for me as I got porcelain - but I am fair anyway so it's not a problem at least it's not orangey. Your vid is really helpful as well thanks!

ChocolateSherberts2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:15:30

Thanks Fishfingersandwich9 I will have a look the next time I'm in Primemark.

PutThatPomBearBack Tue 11-Apr-17 14:11:31

Fishfingers I love your hair!

Fishfingersandwich9 Tue 11-Apr-17 14:17:13

Thank you Pom Bear, I won't lie it's a very high maintenance colour!

lurkingfromhome Tue 11-Apr-17 15:47:47

Absolutely love the lip crayons and got one in a colour that I've been looking for for years and never quite managed to find. And for £2!

HoneyDragon Tue 11-Apr-17 15:55:32

Totally agree with pp in regards to beauty blenders. I won't buy mine anywhere else.

I find there lip liners on a par with high end ones and am also a lip crayon fan.

DragonNoodleCake Tue 11-Apr-17 16:03:56

I'd like to try the foundation but I'm paler than pale and most brands lightest shades are still way too dark for me

Tacitits Tue 11-Apr-17 16:09:27

The liquid eyeliner (black and both the metallic shades) is the best I've ever used, and the metallic lip crayon stays on really well.

Fishfingersandwich9 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:48:16

Dragon you should take a look, I normally get the lightest shade of foundations in any range but their lightest was way too light so I went for the second or third one

HoneyDragon Tue 11-Apr-17 20:36:14

Dragon you definitely should, both Primark and Glamoflage by Hard Candy are lower budget brands that go really pale.

Fishfingersandwich9 Thu 13-Apr-17 21:07:53

What do people think about the Instagirl range - it is aimed at young girls so that they can always be 'instagram ready' - not sure I agree with that!

JustGoGetPro Sun 16-Apr-17 16:31:49

Just watched your other vids on YouTube-love them!! When will there be more please? I've never seen such informative videos on make-up, thank you! I know what you mean re. the promo of the insta look... 🤔

Fishfingersandwich9 Mon 17-Apr-17 19:47:38

Thanks JustGoGet! I try and do a few videos per week.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 17-Apr-17 20:03:09

I haven't tried the make-up ( I don't really wear any) but DD bought the tan mousee last year (IIRC its in a white/purple tin) she really likes it.

Their accessories are good - I bought a pack of disposable mascara wands which are really good.
Today I bought a silicone face buffer ( oval shaped with little silicone 'fingers' ) not tried it yet.

Nails varnish seems good , lasts ages, colours good and dense coverage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now