(15 Posts)
11112222 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:44:15

whats the best diy way to do it?

Paninotogo Fri 03-Mar-17 21:46:01

Crest whitestrips

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 04-Mar-17 06:24:44

What Panino said.

FairfaxAikman Sat 04-Mar-17 06:43:12

For properly white you'd need something like Zoom from a qualified dentist.

andadietcoke Sat 04-Mar-17 06:52:50

Definitely Whitestrips. After 5 applications I could see a massive difference. I have another box to do them again and it's the hour ones not the half hour though and I just haven't been bothered. I've always had the professional effects ones. No idea what these are - my dad went shopping for me in the US.

SorrelSoup Sat 04-Mar-17 06:55:36

Do the Whitestrips cause sensitivity?

forfucksakenet Sat 04-Mar-17 07:35:08

Any idea where you can get these in the U.K. ?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 04-Mar-17 08:58:58

You'd have to buy them on eBay, their not legal here.

11112222 Sat 04-Mar-17 11:47:11

Thanks guys. Whitestips off eBay it is then. Has anyone had any side effects from them?

Fluffy - why are they illegal here? What's in them?

HeyRoly Sat 04-Mar-17 11:48:33

If they're not legal, are they going to wreck your enamel?

I'd like my teeth to be whiter, but I don't want to cause permanent damage.

FairfaxAikman Sat 04-Mar-17 12:14:43

I'm guessing they are illegal here because in the U.K. It would come under dental work and only a qualified dentist can do dental work.

specialsubject Sat 04-Mar-17 14:45:15

In the UK there is a strict limit on the amount of bleach that can be sold in over the counter whitening products. So in practice none of them work - as most beauty products have careful wording and dont work, this is standard.

If you want actual whitening, you go to someone who spent years at dental school and will be able to do something without wrecking your teeth.

America likes the horse with a piano in its mouth look and so there is no regulation there. You can buy their products online and get them sent here. You do risk looking ridiculous now and toothless later.

hollinhurst84 Sat 04-Mar-17 14:48:54

What special said. I had zoom whitening and got a good difference

MaQueen Sat 04-Mar-17 14:54:03

I get my teeth professionally whitened as a perk of my job. There's a good reason why these products are illegal in the UK, if they're unregulated they can do permanent damage to your teeth, and burn your gums.

In the UK you aren't allowed to use anything stronger than a 6% mix, which can still give you very good results.

TeacupDrama Sat 04-Mar-17 14:58:30

In EU the maximum amount t of whitening agent is 0.06% if it has a cosmetic ie toothpastes. The maximum in a dental product that is licences for dentists to use is 6% is 100 x more. no-one except a dentist can use / supervise the use of these, it doesn't matter if a beautician has been on a course or not it is the illegal practice of dentistry. Crest whitestrips do not have a license to be sold any where in Europe
Use of stronger d products can weaken enamel cause chemical burns on the gum or cause extreme sensitivity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now