Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Nip + Fab pads - will they help?

(18 Posts)
PersisFord Sun 26-Feb-17 21:02:58

These are currently in my Ocado trolley....but they are expensive and m house is bulging with unusable skincare products. I'm 35 and have basically pretty dry skin. This sounds gross but unless I exfoliate quite a lot the dead skin kind of builds up and then I get spots. I've tried loads of stuff over the years and was really happy with a Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub....but then I reaised that it was full of plastic microbeads so I can't have it any more. I also like the dermalogica powder stuff but it is £££. My skin is also very sensitive so lots of things I have tried just make it red and blotchy.

I'm currently using a Simple face wash and a Clinque for men moisturiser that DH got for Christmas, and Clinique City block.

Would these help? I can feel the blocked pores especially on my chin and my temples. It's gross. But I tried my friend's Clearasil pads the other day thinking they were prob the same and it was like wiping my face with acid.

If not, any ideas? I'm tight and lazy and i LOVE to wash my face - cleansers and so on don't cut it.

Thanks to you al and flowers

WeeM Sun 26-Feb-17 21:04:18

I've never tried them but that range had money off in Superdrug-think it might've been up to 40%

WeeM Sun 26-Feb-17 21:06:27

It's up to 50% off certain products...might be a good time to give it a try.

Paddingtonthebear Sun 26-Feb-17 21:07:47

I've been using them for a year and they've made a real difference to my skin. Is softer, more even and more hydrated. I've never paid full price for them, they are usually a third off or on offer in Superdrug, boots or Tesco

nut3lla Sun 26-Feb-17 21:12:09

I think I have skin pretty much like yours. Can be dry but also spotty. I use dove cream wash now with a normal sponge or Muslim cloth to really clean. I get spots if I don't use this. For the dryness I use dr hauscha face oil. Just a tiny amount night & morning. Almost all other moisturisers either give me spots or those tiny little white spots that sit on the skin. I sometimes use the nip & fab glycolic pads & I think they make my skin a little brighter.

ShizerMinelli Sun 26-Feb-17 21:12:09

I started using them about a month ago and my skin hasn't been better. Even the arrival of my period hasn't made me have a break out! Half price in boots. If you don't mind/can spend the money - get the mask/scrub/overnight gel too (when on offer). I've been using it all and am raving about it to everyone.

Paddingtonthebear Sun 26-Feb-17 21:13:11

I have sensitive skin that can be dry yet prone to spots if I use strong creams or foundations.

I stripped it all back a year ago. I now use Superdrug pure sensitive cleanser, it's about £2, the nip fab pads and a Superdrug naturally radiant sensitive moisturiser. I also stopped wearing foundation and found it was what was mainly causing spots. I've been wearing Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser for about two years. If I start messing about with other face creams/products or use foundation instead of the Laura Mercier the dry sensitive skin with spots tends to come back within a day or two. After using lots of different products, including some expensive stuff like dermalogica, Liz Earle and Origins, i am very pleased that my skin is good on a couple of very cheap Superdrug products plus the nip fab pads

PersisFord Sun 26-Feb-17 21:15:31

OK, I'm sold!!! I'll report back.

I'm PMSL at nut3lla scrubbing her face really hard with a poor, unsuspecting Muslim!!!

PersisFord Sun 26-Feb-17 21:19:06

How nice that there are other people with weird faces out there!! I also do much better with less stuff on it - no toners or foundation or brightening serums. And facials are the absolute kiss of death - I go occasionally just to have someone gently touch my face and witter on at me about plant extracts and drinking more water in a warm, dark room with some soft music....but i have to get all the stuff off my face within about 10 minutes or I'm a blotchy mess for days. I wonder if I could ask them to do the whole thing with my Simple face wash that I would bring with me??

I'll try the superdrug ones too - Simple is v expensive for something that's basically unscented hand soap!

Pestilentialone Sun 26-Feb-17 21:20:10

You only need to use them about twice a week. That seems to be enough to stop the stray eyelashes on my chin causing spots as they force their way out.
Use a moisturiser with SPF and buy some dirt cheap flannels (my latest beauty find).
If you like washing your face try Philosophy's purity.

nut3lla Sun 26-Feb-17 22:45:09

blushOh er! Sorry about that! grin

PersisFord Mon 27-Feb-17 20:13:26

OK, first one is done. I snatched it out of the Ocado man's hand and ran upstairs to try it, leaving DH to deal with the rest of the shopping.

Owlish Mon 27-Feb-17 20:27:55

I've been through one and half pots of the Nip Fab pads. I can't see any difference in my congested pores sad

dementedma Mon 27-Feb-17 21:22:44

They have really improved my skin and are usually reduces in Boots or Superdrug

JamesDelaneysHat Mon 27-Feb-17 21:27:40

I like them. Much less spots since I started using them. But I have also been double cleansing. I graduated from the normal ones to the 'extreme' night ones. I wouldn't say they're miracle workers but an overall slow improvement. If you wipe them over your hands and scaly feet (like mine!) they help them too!

Unicorn81 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:38:33

I have started using no7 hot cloth cleanser, have pretty oily, spotty skin and its really clearing them up. Have also switched to temple spa toner and matt moisturiser which seems to be a good combination for me.

Perhaps the hot cloth will work for you as i feel its the same, if not better than nutrogena scrub. Also for blocked pores something with graefruit in the mask is great, a cheap peel off does the trick

VintagePerfumista Tue 28-Feb-17 07:55:43

Which ones did you get? Different acid toners work on different skin types.

For blocked pores a hot cloth cleanse will be the best thing followed by an acid tone.

Be careful with Simple. It's anything but, it's actually known to be quite harsh on skin (like Clinique)

Also, avoid scrubs of any kind, as they will just irritate and probably cause more breakouts. Acid toners anyway remove the need for scrubs- they do the same thing but by dissolving our faces in acid grin (nice acid though obvs!)

Check out the fabulous skincare thread- the ladies on there really know their stuff and will take the time to give you some real advice on products and treatments if you tell them what you currently use and what your issues are. (and they don't recommend dead expensive things!)

thisisallnewtome8 Tue 28-Feb-17 08:14:43

I use both day and night extreme Ines and they really have made a huge difference to my skin. Not drying at all. I used to have a really bumpy forehead with lots of spots under the skin. Not anymore.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: