Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried an Asian sunscreen mist or spray?

(15 Posts)
Wellhellothere1 Wed 22-Feb-17 14:41:20

I'm currently using (and loving) shiseido senko spf 50 daily under make up or Biore watery essence but as spring approaches I think I need to consider a spray to use over make up to top up every few hours if it's sunny. I tried a few in Boots today but they all seemed to be really greasy or left a white cast. Wondered if anyone had any Asian sunscreen spray recommendations.

JDSTER Wed 22-Feb-17 15:05:06

Watching with interest. I also use biore watery essence which I love but thinking ahead to spring/summer. Did you try the bioderma Hello?

Wellhellothere1 Wed 22-Feb-17 15:53:15

No I haven't tried the Bioderma as a lot of reviews online said the spray stopped working almost immediately. It didn't seem good enough to try!

Wellhellothere1 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:11:07

Hopeful bump

XiCi Wed 22-Feb-17 21:37:33

I've tried the Missha spray which was good, gave my skin a nice glow but the spray bottle did stop working long before it had run out and was also a big size to cart around in your bag.

I took the La Roche Posay one on holiday last year, obvs not Asian but I loved it. Non greasy, great size to throw in your bag and I think that LRP sun protection is second to none.

Wellhellothere1 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:41:43

Thanks XiCi I'll check out LRP. I didn't know they made a spray.

XiCi Thu 23-Feb-17 08:05:25

This is it. On sale at the moment too smile
www.escentual.com/la-roche-posay/larocheposay140/

JDSTER Thu 23-Feb-17 12:43:34

Funnily enough I'm on holiday at the moment and a French woman sat next to me had the LRP spray and I thought I must come back to this thread and mention it!

Wellhellothere1 Thu 23-Feb-17 13:02:48

Thanks JD smile

botemp Thu 23-Feb-17 13:07:10

I've tried the LRP and hated it (sticky and clogging but I don't really get along with the whole LRP Anthelios line) but loved the Bioderma Hydrabio one. It is really a top-up product, nothing more. Leaves a slightly matte finish which I'm okay with in the summer and feels slightly powdery but that goes away in 30 seconds. It's not a continuous mist so requires a bit of adjustment initially but it's never faltered on me.

I think you'll struggle to get a lot of feedback on the Asian versions as most Japanese sellers won't ship them overseas due to aerosol restrictions in the post which they tell you about after you've ordered the blasted thing. There's one that works with a manual pump of sorts that does get shipped from JP but it's a crappy one from what I gather.

Wellhellothere1 Thu 23-Feb-17 13:26:59

Good info botemp I didn't like the LRP Anthelios cream as I found it chalky and gave a white cast but willing to try the spray. I'll def try the Bioderma one too based on the above. Rubbish news about shipping aerosols from Asian suppliers! Asian sunscreen feels far superior to the usual we can buy in the UK.

OCSockOrphanage Thu 23-Feb-17 16:40:05

Confirming that the Bioderma spray on aerosols are dodgy. I exchanged it in Boots, and the assistant didn't seem surprised so I may not have been the first.

XiCi Thu 23-Feb-17 17:28:52

The LRP spray that I had wasn't sticky or clogging at all on me, just a very light mist. I dont know about other LRP sunscreens but I use the Anthelios extra light and it absorbs really quickly with no white cast. It's ideal for under make up. I've tried quite a few sunscreens now Asian and European and the LRP ultra light fluid is the best by far for me. Everyones skin is different though.

miffy2 Thu 23-Feb-17 17:33:51

Garnier have released one of these top-up sprays too. I picked it up the other day but haven't used it yet. SPF30 I think.

Barbie1 Thu 23-Feb-17 17:37:12

Tony moly do a fab spray. Look towards the Korean beauty market, they have the most amazing technology and most Korean brands can be shipped to the uk.

It was the greatest thing about my 18months in Korea, discovering all the wonderful products!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now