Talk

Advanced search

Fellow apples- Phase Eight has two great coats in.

(8 Posts)
CreviceImp Sat 02-Jan-16 22:29:31

I bought the Elda rib sleeve coat and Zen asymmetric coat and they are my best buys in an age.

Just thought I'd pass it on as I find coats so awkward. They aren't restrictive and incredibly flattering. Both look great worn undone too. I would never have thought to look at their stuff as I thought it was aimed at 60+ brigade.

I am a size 12/14 and bought the 12 in the Zen one and a medium in the Elda one. The Elda one is a slouchy cocoon style and the medium is roomy without being voluminous.

CocktailQueen Sat 02-Jan-16 22:41:15

Thanks - just bought the Elda coat...

AgentProvocateur Sat 02-Jan-16 22:48:26

Are you tall, OP? I'm a very short apple (I'm more like a do-nut!) so I think that button might be down at my knees.

CreviceImp Sat 02-Jan-16 22:51:42

🙂- hope it works as well for you.

My other favourites from today's splurge - Roisin jumper from Hobbs in Navy. Really flattering (it has a subtle swing) if sized down and long enough to look good with skinny jeans etc.

Camel oversized roll neck jumper from Jigsaw.

Navy Jigsaw v-neck oversized cashmere jumper. Expensive but a classic and looks great layered up as well as just on it's own.

I have been buying capsule wardrobe stuff so sticking to plain basics.

Phase Eight though is seriously good for apples and had loads of good basics. I bought a few of their slouchy tops in navy,black and grey.I was impressed.... Unlike Mint Velvet stuff which in reality looked cheap quality.

CreviceImp Sat 02-Jan-16 22:53:34

No I'm a short arse. 5.3 and a half 😀. My proportions are short body and long for my frame legs (29 inches).

CocktailQueen Sat 02-Jan-16 22:57:31

Didn't even think to ask that! Good to know!

AgentProvocateur Sat 02-Jan-16 22:59:07

That's a good 3.4 inches taller than me (you giant!) wink I have huge boobs, so I think I'll need to try before I buy, but I'm back at work on Tuesday and there's a shop nearby. Thanks for the tip.

CocktailQueen Thu 07-Jan-16 07:58:21

I'm 5 foot 4. The Elda coat arrived today and is a good fit - just above knees - but am not sure about it.

It doesn't look worth £80. Too slouchy?? Not sure. Hmm.

But it does feel nice on and it's nice and unstructured.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now