Talk

Advanced search

Escentual beauty website- legit?

(24 Posts)
TheMightyMing Tue 08-Dec-15 14:36:06

I am treating myself to some perfume and the prices on this site are very competitive. Is it a legitimate site and has anyone ever used them? Thanks

UtterlyClueless Tue 08-Dec-15 14:36:28

Yup! I've used them a few times.

squoosh Tue 08-Dec-15 15:20:28

Yep. Use them loads.

TheMightyMing Tue 08-Dec-15 15:28:13

Great! Thanks x

escoteric Tue 02-Aug-16 21:26:35

This is a charlatan company, it sold me good marked not for resale, some products I would question the authenticity of the items. The latests was I inadvertently purchased a fragrance which I thought was an EDT however the invoice said it was an After Shave Lotion. I read the invoice, thinking it might have just been an error I just removed for 5 secs, from the bubble wrap, and saw it was an After Shave lotion, and immediately repacked it. I sent it back and the customer service team said I had opened and used it! Really sucks this company is unethical and is run by R.K Aggrawal Ltd. (say it all) They refused so now taking them to court do not use them .

cressetmama Wed 03-Aug-16 13:00:42

I have used them lots, for soap and French pharmacy skincare brands, and everything has been perfect! Have not bought perfume from them for ages, but I did once and it was exactly the same as my local HoF, just 15% cheaper.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 03-Aug-16 13:11:20

I've used them many, many times and never had any issues.

lurkingfromhome Wed 03-Aug-16 15:14:02

Yep, used them loads and found them excellent and prices competitive

escoteric Wed 03-Aug-16 15:34:23

The sign of a good company is when there is a problem and how the company sorts it out. This is when you can test the metal of the company. Everything is not rosy with this company. When you buy on line they send items in a jiffy bag. I ordered quite a few in one batch and most of the boxes were damaged. Luckily they were not as gifts. Having looked up the batch codes, and production codes of some they are old stock. They even sold me samples which the company had stated not for resale, gratis, sample. That tells you a lot...reported to trading standards and got refund on that occasion as this is illegal.

cressetmama Wed 03-Aug-16 15:59:36

I think you must have been unlucky escoteric. My stuff comes in jiffy bags too, with additional bubble wrap around items. However, I tend to buy stuff in multiples, simply because I can't find them outside France otherwise. Some of it could be grey market; that's always possible.

It won't stop me using them!

ihatethecold Wed 03-Aug-16 16:25:50

I've used them twice and never had an issue with the items I've bought.

DragonRojo Wed 03-Aug-16 17:24:21

I have used them a few times and never had any problems

OneFantasticFox Wed 03-Aug-16 19:51:51

"Really sucks this company is unethical and is run by R.K Aggrawal Ltd. (say it all) "

I don't understand what you mean by this comment.

I have used the company twice to buy French pharmacy products without any problems. Packaging was Jiffy bags and bubble wrap.

AwkwardSquad Wed 03-Aug-16 20:01:30

I use them and have had no problems. Efficient and good value.

FrustratedFrugal Wed 03-Aug-16 20:07:11

I've also only had great experiences with them.

pinkieandperkie Fri 05-Aug-16 15:20:05

Yes I have used them a few times. No problems. They always put a free nail file in the parcel.

NotTodaySatan Fri 05-Aug-16 15:22:04

Escentual are fab. Super speedy delivery and you get points for every purchase that you can then deduct from the next order.

They always have great offers on as well.

squoosh Fri 05-Aug-16 15:26:58

I wish they'd stop sending those useless nail files though!

Whatthefoxgoingon Fri 05-Aug-16 19:14:21

I've had no issues at all with them. Great service.

XiCi Fri 05-Aug-16 19:22:28

I've used them for years with no problems, would definitely recommend

BoeingBoeingGone Fri 05-Aug-16 20:38:29

Never had any problems.

HappinessLivesHere Fri 05-Aug-16 22:09:01

No issues here either!

CremeBrulee Fri 05-Aug-16 22:12:19

I have also bought French pharmacy products from this company with no issues. Great prices for LRP, Vichy etc.

CorrigansDoorKnob Sat 06-Aug-16 04:14:56

I've used them. They are an actual shop in Cardiff and I've been there too as you can order online and collect in store. This is their address: Central Pharmacy & Perfumery
63-67 Wellfield Road, Roath
Cardiff, CF24 3PA, UK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now