Talk

Advanced search

Cocosa....

(9 Posts)
Phwooooar Tue 18-Nov-14 20:12:16

I bought a dress which didn't fit and was poor quality fabric. I sent I back within the prescribed 14 day period and asked for a refund. They will only give a voucher. I have referred to the Distance Selling Regs and I am now being ignored. Any ideas?

Unfortunately their customer service isn't great. I had a brand new dress where the zip broke as I was trying it on - it did that infuriating thing where the zip opens up below the zipper foot. And no I wasn't too fat lol, the zip was defective. The only way to physically remove the dress was to cut a tiny section of the already broken zip - they refused to refund or replace as a result. I think they obviously wanted me to post myself to them.

I stupidly bought another dress which also had a fault, and they refused to refund that too

Phwooooar Thu 20-Nov-14 06:56:07

Bumping. Anyone had this experience?

Phwooooar Thu 20-Nov-14 06:57:33

Statistically - did you just leave it? This shouldn't be allowed.

I tried to claim through my credit card but never heard back. Worth a try if that's how you paid. worth a shot?

Twinklestein Thu 20-Nov-14 14:30:53

As per 'consumer contract regulations' (2014 version of the 'distance selling regulations' you have the right to a refund within 14 days.

Which Summary

But reading Cocosa's Ts & Cs, they say the following:

Returns Policy

Change Of Mind

A Return Authorisation Number (RAN) is required for all returns

You may be entitled to a credit, provided you return the item to us within 14 days of your order being dispatched.

The item must be returned to us in brand new condition, with the packaging and item being exactly as it was when you received it. All Products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the Product

If the returned item is in a noticeably used condition, then a credit may not be offered. Clothing and footwear items may not be returned if they have been worn, or if sewing tags have been removed

Return postage will be at your expense

If eligible, we will issue you a Credit Voucher to the value of the item, once the item is returned and assessed

I don't know whether legally they're allowed to side-step the law with their own Tcs & Cs, you need to get in touch with a consumer rights agency.

When you've spoken to them, write to the CEO.

If technically they are allowed to do this, as they don't follow standard UK law on distance selling returns, they should have flagged that much more clearly on the website. I have never encountered an online shop that did not refund for a return within a stated time period, and I do masses of online shopping.

SalvatoreGirl Thu 20-Nov-14 15:56:32

AIUI their T & C's don't override the CCR's so you can return the item for a full refund within 14 days, however you will have to pay return postage. I'd contact them again and quote the CCR's - they are registered in the UK so must conform to UK laws. You are entitled to examine the item before purchase as you purchased online you couldn't do that so CCr's kick in. If they still ignore you say you'll take them to small claims court.

Cranagh Thu 20-Nov-14 16:02:58

I've just received a watch from them and it doesn't match their description. There is no returns info, the returns form on their website doesn't work and there's no phone number. They'd better give me a refund! Will not be shopping with them again.

Appalling customer service and they used to be so good. I've been posting on their Facebook page to try to get someone to provide returns information.

Cranagh Thu 20-Nov-14 17:39:24

And complaining on Twitter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now