Talk

Advanced search

Make up or styling tips to look less tired

(11 Posts)
fiorentina Sat 15-Mar-14 15:56:53

I'm starting a new job next week after being made redundant on maternity leave. My baby is 5 months and sleeps well but I just look so tired!

Any tips to look like I have a healthier glow much appreciated. I go running, eat healthily and try and sleep as much as I can.

Thanks for any help.

BloodFlower Sat 15-Mar-14 16:41:55

Aside from the obvious 'a good under-eye concealer' answer, I always think that a lipstick in a slightly darker and brighter colour than my natural lip colour makes me look a bit more awake. I tend to wear plum colours.

Blusher
The Superdrug Radiance hotcloth cleanser

MrsFlorrick Sat 15-Mar-14 17:38:41

Bb or cc cream and some sort of highlighter would work.

Perhaps a light dusting of bronzer now the sun is out again.

Eating healthy fats (nuts,seeds, oily fish, avocado) and plenty of water will help too.

You're probably also suffering as your hormones are still in flux. It took me about 6 months post breast feeding so over a year to stabilise a little.

Multivitamin to tide you over too.

brew And thanks for you. Enjoy the snuggly baby (mine a 4.6 and 2.6 and very big and shouty!!!)

MrsFlorrick Sat 15-Mar-14 17:41:44

I like neals Yard mineral foundation. Very little coverage so I use it as a finishing powder.
But it's very glowy. And I find it amazing for perking my old tired face up.

I oil cleanse with hazelnut oil or rice bran oil. That's made an amazing difference to my skin. Much softer and smoother.

Whilst that doesn't make me younger looking it does make me look fresher and make up sits better on the skin which helps you look more awake.

fiorentina Sat 15-Mar-14 19:19:30

Thank you. I have been out today and invested in some BB cream and will try the suggestions re vitamins and diet too.

I think the fact I would rather not be going back full time is probably also showing on my face but needs must.. Thanks for all your help.

Doubtfuldaphne Sat 15-Mar-14 21:32:17

Id say a bb cream, a cream blusher, light reflective under eye concealer (garnier have a roller ball type one that is fantastic) and a bright lip colour. Putting white or a shimmer on the cheekbones, under eyebrow and in corners of eyes can brighten your face too. Curl your lashes to get a wider more awake eye!

Mrswellyboot Sat 15-Mar-14 21:37:37

Is recommend getting your hair cut (I am also getting ready for going back) and brow tint to shape your face.

Good on you back at running.

LadyMud Sat 15-Mar-14 22:22:04

What colours do you usually wear? I find dark tops make me look really tired, so make a point of wearing lighter colours near my face.

squoosh Sat 15-Mar-14 22:32:24

Sali Hughes did a video on this subject

www.theguardian.com/fashion/video/2013/oct/21/how-to-hide-tiredness-sali-hughes-video

fiorentina Sun 16-Mar-14 08:29:07

Good point re the clothes. It is a very corporate environment so my outfits are black, navy and grey. Perhaps I brighten up accessories where I can and that could help.

That Sali Hughes video is good too thank you. Some helpful tips.

I think a shopping trip is in order for a few bits to help! Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now