Talk

Advanced search

I have two hairs growing out of my tear duct, is this another aging thing that people don't admit to.

(24 Posts)
Philoslothy Mon 06-Jan-14 00:18:50

I was just plucking my chin and neck eyebrows when I noticed two dark hairs growing out of my tear duct.

Is this normal? Do I pluck them ? I am a bit scared to go in there with my tweezers.

I normally get my chin and neck eyebrows threaded, clearly she can't thread these.

OP’s posts: |
VenusDeWillendorf Mon 06-Jan-14 00:39:27

It will make your eyes water like billy-oh.
Good luck!
Careful now with the pointy ends of those tweezers!

You probably always had them tbh, but hair can coarsen and darken with age.

I have found a big, thick black hair curling out of my chin over the last year. It seems to have a life of its own, and grows at a crazy pace some nights...... It can appear fully formed overnight.

Philoslothy Mon 06-Jan-14 00:41:01

I have just googled and was reading some advice on line and then realized it was meant for dog groomers . That has done a lot for my confidence.

Philoslothy Mon 06-Jan-14 00:42:19

I get those black hairs, my DH is fascinated by my hair plucking routine as I find it mortifying when the lady threading my brows says " shall I do your chin and neck!

bettybleep Mon 06-Jan-14 12:50:08

I've not heard of age-related tear duct hair TBH
I'd definitely to to an optician/MD/ophthalomogist (sp?)

chipsandpeas Mon 06-Jan-14 12:54:45

i get them and pluck them....had them for years first time i noticed i was about 20 so deff not age related unlike me now getting the odd long hair appear on my neck or my small cluster of chin hairs

knitknack Mon 06-Jan-14 16:09:36

I have them too! I remember someone at school taking a close up of me in A Level photography and calling me 'hairy eyes'!! Haha

I started taking 'hair and. Nail vitamins about a month ago and they've suddenly got even more lush (along with all my other hairy bits!! Hehe)

whatiswrongwithyou Mon 06-Jan-14 16:21:47

Shhh! Don't speak of them! Just pluck them and pretend it didn't happen, that's what I do. And as for the eyebrows growing out of my chin... I wouldn't mind if my eyebrows weren't thinning!

Oh the joy of ageing!

bettybleep Mon 06-Jan-14 17:11:04

You learn something new everyday on mumsnet. smile

moonshine Mon 06-Jan-14 17:31:08

About a year or so ago I noticed that two dents/holes appeared on my inner eye rim and now a dark black hair grows out of each of them shock. I have to pluck them or they scratch my eye.

Belindaearl2 Mon 06-Jan-14 21:32:11

White ones here & they grow back ever so sloowly

starsandunicorns Mon 06-Jan-14 21:38:41

I get them too dp plucks them for me

frankietwospots Mon 06-Jan-14 21:51:58

I get them every so often and just pluck them out carefully.

lifesgreatquestions Mon 06-Jan-14 22:45:15

I have these too! Just on one eye. I hate plucking, the sting! The sneeze, the watery eyes!

shivs1974 Mon 06-Jan-14 22:47:05

Someone at work has the hairs in her tear duct. She goes to the opticians who remove them for her and apparently it's much quicker & less painful than when she's digging in to her own eye.

HappiestSeasaltOfAll Mon 06-Jan-14 22:49:56

I have them but no way will I pluck them because a hundred more would probably grow back! I also have have hairs on my eyelids!! I hope my glasses hide all these weird things.

Philoslothy Mon 06-Jan-14 23:14:15

Very relieved that it is not just me, I did pluck them which did cause much eye watering but was not as difficult as I had imagined. I am very worried not that more will grow back, thanks Happiest!

SugarHut Mon 06-Jan-14 23:15:30

I have one eyelash growing in each tear duct, have done since I was about 10! grin

Tinkertaylor1 Mon 06-Jan-14 23:15:51

I get a half ginger half black WHISKER coming out my chin - it's almost plastic :-(

Philoslothy Tue 07-Jan-14 02:18:01

Eek tinker

NatashaBee Tue 07-Jan-14 02:28:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Grew2childrenhowamazingisthat Tue 12-May-20 07:27:35

I have this problem too. I use the eyebrow pen by Flawless it gets close enough and trims the hair to the root. Painless

totallyyesno Tue 12-May-20 09:15:38

How did this thread get revived after 6 years?! grin

Deathraystare Wed 13-May-20 11:01:58

You've all made me look just now. I don't think I have this problem just yet! I did pluck a lash out a time ago it was one of those that was hanging straight down. God, painful!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in