Talk

Advanced search

Swedish Hasbeens -sizing question

(17 Posts)
Ilovewaleswhenitrains Thu 06-Jun-13 23:02:35

I have size 5 wide feet, one foot is half a size bigger. In some shoes I have to buy a 5.5 or a 6. I have clarkes sandals which are 5.5 and very comfy. I am size 38 in Birkenstocks.

Which size should I order in Hasbeens? I am planning on buying some from Amazon, so won't be able to try them on. Do Hasbeens have half sizes?

Can anyone advise me?

TIA

AmberNectarine Fri 07-Jun-13 06:57:03

I'm a 6, occasionally a 5.5 and I ordered a pair from the Debutant range in a 38 as they come up large. They fit really well.

deweydells Fri 07-Jun-13 07:00:54

Hasbeens come up small and fairly narrow. I'm a 5.5 with wide feet, I have to size down to a 5 in most shoes but my Hasbeens are a size 39 (6) and they fit really well.

I also have some clogs from Lotta from Stockholm. They are almost identical to Hasbeens but they are bigger / wider sizes (and a lot cheaper). I have a size 5 in those. Might be worth a look if you have wide feet.

deweydells Fri 07-Jun-13 07:03:36

Just read Amber's post. My Hasbeens are super high peep toes so perhaps that accounts for the contradiction.

mysteryfairy Fri 07-Jun-13 07:51:15

Which ones are you planning on buying?

I wear a 39 in almost everything Ash (38) and M&S/Clarks (5.5). I just (literally yesterday) got some papillons from the debutante range. It does say on the Swedish hasbeens website that as a range debutante comes up bigger so size down if between sizes. The length is generous but they are not particularly wide.

When I was umming and aahing about them I noticed they are stocked by office and urban outfitters at least. Any way you can get to a store to try on?

Before you buy check if the pair you want are in stock on the Swedish hasbeens website because if they are the code BETTY got me 40% off and free delivery from Sweden. They would be hard to return but I figured at that price I could always recover my money on eBay.

Tried them last night with turned up straight leg jeans and loved how they look! Couldn't muster energy to paint toe nails though so not wearing them today hmm

cardamomginger Fri 07-Jun-13 10:51:26

Dewey - am thinking about a pair of super high. Once the platform has been factored in, it doesn't look like they would feel that 'high' on your foot? Are they easy to wear?

And general question - how hard is the leather and how quickly does it break in? Lots of photos on google show people wearing them with socks. Which concerns me slightly.

deweydells Fri 07-Jun-13 15:21:12

I'm generally not very good at wearing heels and I do find them comfortable. The platform means that they don't feel as high as they look. However, if I was going to walk more than a mile I would wear my Lotta clogs, which have a 7.5 cm heel (same as Hasbeens 'Highs') rather than my super highs, which have a 9cm heel.

I wore my clogs with socks for the first few wears to break them in but after that I found the leather really soft and wear them without socks all the time now.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 07-Jun-13 15:30:32

I have wide feet too, and I have just bought a pair from the Debutante range. I ordered a 39 when I would normally wear a 38/38.5 depending on style and brand. They fit really well, they are plenty long enough but if I had got a 38 then they certainly wouldn't have been wide enough.

cardamomginger Fri 07-Jun-13 15:33:25

Thanks!

Ilovewaleswhenitrains Fri 07-Jun-13 18:49:26

Thanks for the advice, I am now viewing the Lotta clogs. Would I be ok with a size 5 (wide feet, one foot slightly larger).
Definitely prefer the Lotta prices.

deweydells Sat 08-Jun-13 08:16:05

That's what I would go for. Let us know how you get on!

Ilovewaleswhenitrains Wed 12-Jun-13 18:15:12

I have sent two emails asking for advice about sizing, not received an answer. Has anyone else had this problem with Lotta from Stockholm?

Ilovewaleswhenitrains Thu 13-Jun-13 07:49:43

Finally had a reply and have ordered a size 5. Now waiting for them to arrive. Shame the weather is so awful!

Ilovewaleswhenitrains Sat 15-Jun-13 12:07:19

My clogs have arrived. I had an email to say they had been shipped on Thursday, and they arrived this morning.

I bought the size 5, and they are a great fit, even with my wide feet. The colour is great, I love them.

SofaCanary Sat 15-Jun-13 12:38:00

What do they feel like, are they comfortable? I've read frightening things about the leather being hard.

hellocatty Sat 15-Jun-13 15:58:45

I ordered them a week ago - UPS came twice but for some reason didn't call and couldn't get in the building??
I have emailed them - anyone else had this?
Oh no re hard leather - it looks like nice leather but hope its not too bad!

Ilovewaleswhenitrains Sat 15-Jun-13 22:22:12

I bought the Matilda clogs (6.5cm heel). The front of the clogs are made of thin strips of leather which cross over. The leather is not hard. I would have worn them today they were so comfy, but the rain stopped that.
Because of the height of the platform they don't feel high, they are a "wear all day height". The blue is a lovely shade.

I definitely reccomend them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now