Talk

Advanced search

what do you think of this ... it's a poncho

(17 Posts)
scripsi Sun 28-Oct-12 12:24:36

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/women/clothing/knitwear_1/tidetimes_poncho_light_squid_ink.htm

I have never succumbed to a poncho but quite like the idea of cable type things, would be worn at weekends/on long walks etc. Not sure what colour I'd get though. Would it look horrendous?

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Sun 28-Oct-12 12:46:51

I quite like that. I worry I look like Miss Marple in them...they seem to be very flyaway at the back. But that one I like.

lurkingaround Sun 28-Oct-12 12:50:32

I like it. Sounds lovely for your weekend walks etc. and I like the squid ink colour.
I love the idea of ponchos. Massimo, have a few nice ones too.

lurkingaround Sun 28-Oct-12 12:54:59

grin at Miss Marple!

Like you Mrsrduvall I feel odd in them. I actually bought one of the Massimo ones, brought it back. Felt I looked wrong in it. And yet I think they look cosy and glamourous on others. On a sunny winter's day, sunglasses, poncho, instant glamour!

Liveinthepresent Sun 28-Oct-12 13:35:39

I like the look of that very much.
But I am also in the poncho fan club.
Not been brave enough to try one - had my eye on this one in white company

http://www.thewhitecompany.com/clothing/knitwear/cable-and-rib-poncho--charcoal/

But actually quite tempted by yours as it would be a cheaper mistake if I didn't wear it enough!

Liveinthepresent Sun 28-Oct-12 13:36:09

www.thewhitecompany.com/clothing/knitwear/cable-and-rib-poncho--charcoal/

Sorry linked now

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 28-Oct-12 13:53:50

I love ponchos - have 2 from the white co and wear a lot.

scripsi Sun 28-Oct-12 13:59:09

hmmm, I can see myself dithering over this until midnight when the reduction ends. I like the cream one and the squid ink one. I can imagine the cream one having makeup on it in five minutes though.

I like the white co one as well. And the Dutti ones ...

MrsCB do you find them quite warm? I am thinking of a long sleeve cashmere jumper underneath (and long leather gloves) to keep me warm.

MarianForrester Sun 28-Oct-12 16:52:39

I really like that.

Have always been dubious on ponchos but got really nice one from Tesco, of all places, and find it really flattering. Tho a bit cold for proper winter: that one looks warmer...mmm<heads back to site, just for another look>

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 28-Oct-12 16:56:19

Yes I find them warm, tend to wear with my cashmere wristwarmers. Bizarrely didn't wear at all last winter but have worn loads this winter.

Isandri Sun 28-Oct-12 20:21:07

I live ponchos and have 3. I'm sat on the sofa wearing one now.

They are great for around the house or visiting friends when a jumper is too warm. Or you can throw them on when you go outside and the weather is not cold enough for a coat. They are good with long fingerless gloves or wristwarmers too.

SomethingOnce Sun 28-Oct-12 21:12:32

Ooh, it's really lovely and the squid ink is gorgeous.

I say stop dithering and buy smile

PippiL Sun 28-Oct-12 22:14:09

Lovely.

I have the next black cable one. I love it and feel quite swishy in it. Esp with a black beret.

squoosh Sun 28-Oct-12 22:21:49

Awful, unflattering things, makes everyone who wears them look at least 2 stone heavier than they actually are. When they were in fashion about 6 years ago walking down the street felt like being in a spaghetti western

wannabegood Fri 02-Nov-12 17:19:51

Gorgeous!! I have had a cable one for 2 yrs like it best with thick tights, tweed shorts and boots, very cosy!

TooMuchRain Fri 02-Nov-12 20:08:26

I like them but I don't find them warm enough outside (but I walk or cycle everywhere)

Liveinthepresent Fri 02-Nov-12 21:23:03

I tried the Next one - sadly I think the description by squoosh is the effect it had on me..
Might still try on the white company one but suspect it is just not going to work on my shape. ( pear so need to emphasise smaller top half)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now